American Airlines New 777 Premium Economy Routes Unveiled
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, we learned that American Airlines will launch premium economy on its Boeing 777-200 routes starting December 15. Now, we know which routes will feature the premium economy class of service, according to RoutesOnline:
- Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) – Buenos Aires Ezeiza (EZE)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) – Frankfurt (FRA)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) – Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Tokyo Haneda (HND)
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Miami (MIA) – Barcelona (BCN)
- Miami (MIA) – Buenos Aires Ezeiza (EZE)
- Miami (MIA) – Madrid (MAD)
- Miami (MIA) – Paris (CDG)
- Miami (MIA) – Rio de Janeiro Galeao (GIG)
- Miami (MIA) – Santiago de Chile (SCL)
- Miami (MIA) – Sao Paulo Guarulhos (GRU)
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Paris (CDG), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to London Heathrow (LHR) and Miami (MIA) to London Heathrow (LHR) are also for sale effective April 3, 2018.
American Airlines uses the 777-200 on some domestic routes — such as between DFW-MIA. However, none are included in this list. On domestic routes and any others where the 777-200 flies, the premium economy cabin will be treated as part of economy.
You may not have to wait all the way until December to try out the premium economy seats on AA’s 772s. The airline is going to start retrofitting these aircraft this month so you might luck out between now and December 15 and find yourself on one of the retrofitted aircraft. Then too, the premium economy seats will be treated as part of the economy cabin.
Whenever being included as part of economy, these seats will likely be marked as “Main Cabin Extra.” While general travelers will have to pay extra to reserve these seats, AA elites either pay a reduced amount (AA Gold) or are able to reserve these seats for free (AA Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum) at booking.
Are you looking forward to premium economy on the 777-200s?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees