Last Chance to Book ANA First Class to Tokyo From 70,000 Amex Points Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Over a month ago, we told you about a 30% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic. Then, we followed up, explaining how you can use this transfer bonus to book ANA’s spectacular first-class product round-trip from the US to Tokyo for 70,000-93,000 Amex points. Since then, our inboxes have been filled with success stories from readers thrilled about successfully booking this deal.
If you’ve missed out so far, we wanted to give you one last reminder: Today is the last day to transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club with a 30% bonus.
As a reminder, you can earn Membership Rewards points with a variety of cards, including:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
If you miss out on this transfer bonus, you can still book ANA flights through Virgin Atlantic — but it’s going to cost you more American Express Membership Rewards points:
|Round-trip to/from Tokyo (NRT/HND)||Economy||Business||First Class|
|From||Without bonus||With bonus||Without bonus||With bonus||Without bonus||With bonus|
|San Francisco (SFO)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|San Jose (SJC)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|New York City (JFK)||65,000||50,000||95,000||74,000||120,000||93,000|
|Washington, D.C. (IAD)||65,000||50,000||95,000||74,000||120,000||93,000|
A quick guide on how this works:
- Search for ANA award availability [United, ExpertFlyer, ANA or Aeroplan]. Remember that you have to book a round-trip to use Virgin Atlantic miles on ANA.
- Call Virgin Atlantic to put flights on hold (up to 48 hours).
- Log in to your American Express account.
- Click Membership Rewards on the right side of the main page.
- Click the Travel tab.
- Scroll down and click “Get Started” under Transfer Points.
- Select Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- Link your Membership Rewards and Flying Club accounts, if not already linked.
- Transfer the number of points you need (based on the chart above).
- Log in to your Virgin Atlantic account to confirm that the points have transferred. In our testing, this transfer happens instantaneously. Let us know if it takes longer than a few minutes.
- Call Virgin Atlantic back and ticket the held flight.
To be clear, the whole process doesn’t have to be completed today — just the transfer from Amex to Virgin Atlantic. So, if you have enough flexibility to wait for award space to open up, you can speculatively transfer points to Virgin Atlantic. However, remember devaluations can happen at any time.
Let us know if you book ANA flights using this transfer bonus.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.