Last Chance to Book ANA First Class to Tokyo From 70,000 Amex Points Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Over a month ago, we told you about a 30% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic. Then, we followed up, explaining how you can use this transfer bonus to book ANA’s spectacular first-class product round-trip from the US to Tokyo for 70,000-93,000 Amex points. Since then, our inboxes have been filled with success stories from readers thrilled about successfully booking this deal.
If you’ve missed out so far, we wanted to give you one last reminder: Today is the last day to transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club with a 30% bonus.
As a reminder, you can earn Membership Rewards points with a variety of cards, including:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
If you miss out on this transfer bonus, you can still book ANA flights through Virgin Atlantic — but it’s going to cost you more American Express Membership Rewards points:
|Round-trip to/from Tokyo (NRT/HND)||Economy||Business||First Class|
|From||Without bonus||With bonus||Without bonus||With bonus||Without bonus||With bonus|
|San Francisco (SFO)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|San Jose (SJC)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||60,000||47,000||90,000||70,000||110,000||85,000|
|New York City (JFK)||65,000||50,000||95,000||74,000||120,000||93,000|
|Washington, D.C. (IAD)||65,000||50,000||95,000||74,000||120,000||93,000|
A quick guide on how this works:
- Search for ANA award availability [United, ExpertFlyer, ANA or Aeroplan]. Remember that you have to book a round-trip to use Virgin Atlantic miles on ANA.
- Call Virgin Atlantic to put flights on hold (up to 48 hours).
- Log in to your American Express account.
- Click Membership Rewards on the right side of the main page.
- Click the Travel tab.
- Scroll down and click “Get Started” under Transfer Points.
- Select Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- Link your Membership Rewards and Flying Club accounts, if not already linked.
- Transfer the number of points you need (based on the chart above).
- Log in to your Virgin Atlantic account to confirm that the points have transferred. In our testing, this transfer happens instantaneously. Let us know if it takes longer than a few minutes.
- Call Virgin Atlantic back and ticket the held flight.
To be clear, the whole process doesn’t have to be completed today — just the transfer from Amex to Virgin Atlantic. So, if you have enough flexibility to wait for award space to open up, you can speculatively transfer points to Virgin Atlantic. However, remember devaluations can happen at any time.
Let us know if you book ANA flights using this transfer bonus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees