According to Anthony Bourdain, This Airport Has the Best Food
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anthony Bourdain, former host of No Reservations and current host of CNN’s Parts Unknown, has circled the globe many times, tasting all the food the world has to offer. And while the professional globetrotter — who has sampled everything from seal eyes to fermented shark and warthog rectum — refuses to eat any food served on an airplane, he recently told The New York Times that he does occasionally dabble in airport fare.
So, which airport does he think has the best food? Singapore Changi Airport (SIN). “It has a hawker center for the employees that’s open to the public,” he said. The boisterous chef, who has sipped beers with President Obama in Vietnam, said he’s also a fan of the sushi — and egg salad sandwiches from Lawson’s — when he visits Tokyo’s airports.
Which airport do you think has the best food? Let us know in the comments, below.
H/T: The New York Times
Featured image of SIN’s Terminal 3 courtesy of TommL via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.