According to Anthony Bourdain, This Airport Has the Best Food
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anthony Bourdain, former host of No Reservations and current host of CNN’s Parts Unknown, has circled the globe many times, tasting all the food the world has to offer. And while the professional globetrotter — who has sampled everything from seal eyes to fermented shark and warthog rectum — refuses to eat any food served on an airplane, he recently told The New York Times that he does occasionally dabble in airport fare.
So, which airport does he think has the best food? Singapore Changi Airport (SIN). “It has a hawker center for the employees that’s open to the public,” he said. The boisterous chef, who has sipped beers with President Obama in Vietnam, said he’s also a fan of the sushi — and egg salad sandwiches from Lawson’s — when he visits Tokyo’s airports.
Which airport do you think has the best food? Let us know in the comments, below.
H/T: The New York Times
Featured image of SIN’s Terminal 3 courtesy of TommL via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.