Earn 7,500 Bonus Hilton Honors Points on Your Next Stay With Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s some incentive to use your Platinum Card from American Express on your next Hilton stay: 7,500 bonus points. Amex Platinum, Business Platinum Card® from American Express and Corporate Platinum Card holders in the US are eligible to earn the bonus points on stays of at least two nights after registering for the promotion on the Hilton website as well as enrolling in the complimentary Honors Gold status that comes with the Platinum card.
This promotion runs from now through August 7, 2017, meaning that you have to check out on or before August 7. All Hilton hotels and resorts within the portfolio are eligible, with the exception of Hampton by Hilton hotels in Mainland China. The terms and conditions state that the offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts, however, Hilton Honors is currently running its summer promotion to earn 2x base points on all stays through August 2017. Plus, you can earn 500 bonus points for stays booked through the Honors app through the rest of the year. It’s not entirely clear if you’ll be able to earn bonus points from this Amex Platinum promo on top of the others that are currently running.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, which peg Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece, those 7,500 Hilton points are worth $45. But, keep in mind that you’ll need to pay with your Platinum Card, so you could be forgoing bonus points you’d be earning with a card like the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express. The card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 75,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. The card earns 12 points for every dollar spent with a Hilton property, as well as 6x points at US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on all other purchases. But, it’ll be best to do the math to see if you’d earn more on a particular stay with the Amex Platinum than with the bonus earning from a Hilton co-branded card like the Surpass.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
H/T: Running With Miles
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees