Earn 7,500 Bonus Hilton Honors Points on Your Next Stay With Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s some incentive to use your Platinum Card from American Express on your next Hilton stay: 7,500 bonus points. Amex Platinum, Business Platinum Card® from American Express and Corporate Platinum Card holders in the US are eligible to earn the bonus points on stays of at least two nights after registering for the promotion on the Hilton website as well as enrolling in the complimentary Honors Gold status that comes with the Platinum card.
This promotion runs from now through August 7, 2017, meaning that you have to check out on or before August 7. All Hilton hotels and resorts within the portfolio are eligible, with the exception of Hampton by Hilton hotels in Mainland China. The terms and conditions state that the offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts, however, Hilton Honors is currently running its summer promotion to earn 2x base points on all stays through August 2017. Plus, you can earn 500 bonus points for stays booked through the Honors app through the rest of the year. It’s not entirely clear if you’ll be able to earn bonus points from this Amex Platinum promo on top of the others that are currently running.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, which peg Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece, those 7,500 Hilton points are worth $45. But, keep in mind that you’ll need to pay with your Platinum Card, so you could be forgoing bonus points you’d be earning with a card like the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express. The card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 75,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. The card earns 12 points for every dollar spent with a Hilton property, as well as 6x points at US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on all other purchases. But, it’ll be best to do the math to see if you’d earn more on a particular stay with the Amex Platinum than with the bonus earning from a Hilton co-branded card like the Surpass.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
H/T: Running With Miles
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.