This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum® Card from American Express, Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
Here’s some incentive to use your Platinum Card from American Express on your next Hilton stay: 7,500 bonus points. Amex Platinum, Business Platinum® Card from American Express and Corporate Platinum Card holders in the US are eligible to earn the bonus points on stays of at least two nights after registering for the promotion on the Hilton website as well as enrolling in the complimentary Honors Gold status that comes with the Platinum card.
This promotion runs from now through August 7, 2017, meaning that you have to check out on or before August 7. All Hilton hotels and resorts within the portfolio are eligible, with the exception of Hampton by Hilton hotels in Mainland China. The terms and conditions state that the offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts, however, Hilton Honors is currently running its summer promotion to earn 2x base points on all stays through August 2017. Plus, you can earn 500 bonus points for stays booked through the Honors app through the rest of the year. It’s not entirely clear if you’ll be able to earn bonus points from this Amex Platinum promo on top of the others that are currently running.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, which peg Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece, those 7,500 Hilton points are worth $45. But, keep in mind that you’ll need to pay with your Platinum Card, so you could be forgoing bonus points you’d be earning with a card like the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express. The card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 75,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. The card earns 12 points for every dollar spent with a Hilton property, as well as 6x points at US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on all other purchases. But, it’ll be best to do the math to see if you’d earn more on a particular stay with the Amex Platinum than with the bonus earning from a Hilton co-branded card like the Surpass.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
H/T: Running With Miles
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards