This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is doing its part to make tax season a bit easier to get through — especially if you owe money. With the carrier’s Tax Return Return Flight giveaway, you can get a one-way flight free of charge if you owe money to the IRS this year. For this promotion, JetBlue is giving away a total of 1,000 one-way flights, so there are plenty up for grabs.
The Tax Return Return Flight giveaway started today, and now until the end of the promotion, you can enter one time per day. To register for the giveaway, you must visit JetBlue’s dedicated site and enter your information by April 25, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
According to the rules, you must prove that you’re not eligible for a refund on your 2016 Federal income tax return. In order to be eligible, you must also be 18 years or older and a legal resident of one of the contiguous 48 states, D.C. and Alaska. As mentioned, you can enter the contest at most once per day.
JetBlue will randomly select 66 winners on each of the first 14 days of the promotion and 76 winners on the final day (April 25, 2017). The drawings will take place on the weekday following each daily entry deadline, and winners will be contacted via email. Each of the winners will get a travel certificate for a one-way economy flight for travel within the 48 contiguous states and Alaska.
Even if you don’t score a free JetBlue flight, you can earn enough points and miles to redeem for a trip as you pay your taxes this year. Check out this post for more details.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees