This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is doing its part to make tax season a bit easier to get through — especially if you owe money. With the carrier’s Tax Return Return Flight giveaway, you can get a one-way flight free of charge if you owe money to the IRS this year. For this promotion, JetBlue is giving away a total of 1,000 one-way flights, so there are plenty up for grabs.
The Tax Return Return Flight giveaway started today, and now until the end of the promotion, you can enter one time per day. To register for the giveaway, you must visit JetBlue’s dedicated site and enter your information by April 25, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
According to the rules, you must prove that you’re not eligible for a refund on your 2016 Federal income tax return. In order to be eligible, you must also be 18 years or older and a legal resident of one of the contiguous 48 states, D.C. and Alaska. As mentioned, you can enter the contest at most once per day.
JetBlue will randomly select 66 winners on each of the first 14 days of the promotion and 76 winners on the final day (April 25, 2017). The drawings will take place on the weekday following each daily entry deadline, and winners will be contacted via email. Each of the winners will get a travel certificate for a one-way economy flight for travel within the 48 contiguous states and Alaska.
Even if you don’t score a free JetBlue flight, you can earn enough points and miles to redeem for a trip as you pay your taxes this year. Check out this post for more details.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards