This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is doing its part to make tax season a bit easier to get through — especially if you owe money. With the carrier’s Tax Return Return Flight giveaway, you can get a one-way flight free of charge if you owe money to the IRS this year. For this promotion, JetBlue is giving away a total of 1,000 one-way flights, so there are plenty up for grabs.
The Tax Return Return Flight giveaway started today, and now until the end of the promotion, you can enter one time per day. To register for the giveaway, you must visit JetBlue’s dedicated site and enter your information by April 25, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
According to the rules, you must prove that you’re not eligible for a refund on your 2016 Federal income tax return. In order to be eligible, you must also be 18 years or older and a legal resident of one of the contiguous 48 states, D.C. and Alaska. As mentioned, you can enter the contest at most once per day.
JetBlue will randomly select 66 winners on each of the first 14 days of the promotion and 76 winners on the final day (April 25, 2017). The drawings will take place on the weekday following each daily entry deadline, and winners will be contacted via email. Each of the winners will get a travel certificate for a one-way economy flight for travel within the 48 contiguous states and Alaska.
Even if you don’t score a free JetBlue flight, you can earn enough points and miles to redeem for a trip as you pay your taxes this year. Check out this post for more details.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees