This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE 6:35pm: Today’s deal is sold out, but some previous offers are still available.
A hotel-heavy week 2 of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways kicks off with an opportunity to stock up on Best Western Rewards points at just 0.55 cents each. Not interested in Best Western? IHG points and Wyndham points plus passes to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld are still available for purchase. And, Omni hotels, Universal Studios, Caesars Entertainment and Loews Hotels packages are coming up later this week.
Today’s Deal: Packages of 10,000 Best Western Rewards points costing 0.55 cents per point
Deals available: 835 packages of 10,000 points
Maximum Quantity per Purchase: 5 packages of 10,000 points each
Timing: The deal goes live at 1pm ET today
Expiration: Points will be subject to Best Western’s point expiration policy. Currently, Best Western points do not expire.
TPG doesn’t have a valuation for Best Western points, but we find that you can get between 0.5 and 0.8 cents per point when redeeming for hotel rooms. This deal lets you purchase at a rate of 0.55 cents per point, which is on the better end of the value range.
If you’ve got a specific stay in mind, it’s worth checking out the cost in points to see if buying points will be better than booking the hotel on a paid stay. Or, if you travel often and don’t mind a stay at a Best Western property, you’re likely to get some value out of these points on some future booking.
I fall in this later group, so I’ll be stocking up on some points. It helps that I have Best Western Diamond status from a match, and I currently have a retention offer to get 7x ThankYou Points per dollar spent on flights, hotels, car rentals and travel on my Citi Prestige Card. (Daily Getaways purchases typically code as Travel Agents).
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Posada Royale.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards