This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Citi Prestige
UPDATE 6:35pm: Today’s deal is sold out, but some previous offers are still available.
A hotel-heavy week 2 of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways kicks off with an opportunity to stock up on Best Western Rewards points at just 0.55 cents each. Not interested in Best Western? IHG points and Wyndham points plus passes to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld are still available for purchase. And, Omni hotels, Universal Studios, Caesars Entertainment and Loews Hotels packages are coming up later this week.
Today’s Deal: Packages of 10,000 Best Western Rewards points costing 0.55 cents per point
Deals available: 835 packages of 10,000 points
Maximum Quantity per Purchase: 5 packages of 10,000 points each
Timing: The deal goes live at 1pm ET today
Expiration: Points will be subject to Best Western’s point expiration policy. Currently, Best Western points do not expire.
TPG doesn’t have a valuation for Best Western points, but we find that you can get between 0.5 and 0.8 cents per point when redeeming for hotel rooms. This deal lets you purchase at a rate of 0.55 cents per point, which is on the better end of the value range.
If you’ve got a specific stay in mind, it’s worth checking out the cost in points to see if buying points will be better than booking the hotel on a paid stay. Or, if you travel often and don’t mind a stay at a Best Western property, you’re likely to get some value out of these points on some future booking.
I fall in this later group, so I’ll be stocking up on some points. It helps that I have Best Western Diamond status from a match, and I currently have a retention offer to get 7x ThankYou Points per dollar spent on flights, hotels, car rentals and travel on my Citi Prestige Card. (Daily Getaways purchases typically code as Travel Agents).
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Posada Royale.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees