This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Best Western is currently running a “Status Match … No Catch” program, offering elite status matches through January 31, 2018. And, as we found, there truly is no catch.
The process is straightforward: All you need to do is fill in a simple form (caution: PDF link) and provide a copy of your current hotel statement (showing status) or your current hotel elite card. Email, mail or fax this form and status proof to the address/number noted on the form to submit.
While this process is simple, we found that there’s an even easier way to submit the status match that’s not noted on the website: matching over the phone.
Here’s my experience matching: I called the support phone number (1-800-444-7646) to inquire how long the match was good through and what level IHG Platinum Elite would match to at Best Western. The very helpful agent confirmed that the status match was good through January 31, 2018 and that IHG Platinum Elite would match to Best Western Diamond.
She followed that up by asking if I wanted to go through with the match. Well, sure. Since I didn’t yet have a Best Western account, she quickly set me up with one. Then, she completed the match right over the phone.
Remember, there are plenty of credit cards that grant hotel status. So, you might have hotel status and not even realize it — like automatic Starwood Preferred Guest Gold and Hilton HHonors Gold status from the Platinum Card from American Express. Though I’ve only stayed a handful of times at IHG, I was able to match to Best Western Diamond through the IHG Platinum Elite status from the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Posada Royale.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards