Tip: Add Your Business Extra Number to Your AA Profile
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you didn’t know, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue and United all have business rewards programs, which are designed to award employers for their employee’s travels. In addition to the standard miles that travelers get from flying, the corporate account racks up points, which can be redeemed toward free flights, upgrades and club passes or memberships.
However, one of the hassles of AA’s Business Extra program is remembering to enter the number each time you make a reservation. Well, the good news is that you can shortcut this hassle by entering your company’s Business Extra account number in your traveler profile and it’ll automatically populate each time you make a new reservation. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your AA Reservation Preferences page.
- At the bottom of the page, enter your AA Business Extra account number and click Save.
Note that if you make AA flight bookings through another website — such as the Chase or Citi Travel Portal — you’re still going to have to add your account number to your booking. I’ve found that the easiest way to do so is simply to call AA’s Business Extra phone number (1-800-457-7072; open 8:00am-5:00pm CT Monday-Friday) and ask an agent to add the number to the record locator.
Remember, you’ll earn 650 Business Extra points if you register and take just one flight between now and March 31. That’s enough points for a one-segment upgrade “within North America or between North America & Hawaii or Caribbean” (with eligible booking codes) or two day passes to the Admirals Club.
Featured image courtesy of Robyn Beck via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.