Register for Double AA Business Extra Points on Transatlantic and South America Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You may not know that American Airlines has a business rewards program, but AA’s Business Extra is a great way for businesses large and small to get credit for booking flights for employees. While allowing employees to earn their standard mileage credit, businesses get “points,” which can be redeemed for free flights, upgrades, lounge passes, lounge membership and even elite status.
And now businesses can score these rewards twice as fast on certain flights. Get double points on flights across the Atlantic and between Los Angeles (LAX) and Buenos Aires (EZE). But, in order to double your business’ earnings, you’ll first have to register for these promotions. Here are the details and how to register:
- Travel dates: Sept. 26 to Dec. 31, 2018
- Ticket must originate in North American and terminate in Europe or originate in Europe and terminate in North America
- Registration code and link: NA2EU18
- Promotion is valid for travel on purchased, eligible, published-fare tickets on eligible flights booked in eligible fare classes for travel on flights operated by (1) American Airlines (2) British Airways, and (3) Iberia, and ticketed on American Airlines (001), British Airways (125), and Iberia (075) ticket stock. Promotion is also valid on purchased, eligible, published-fare tickets on eligible codeshare flights operated by Finnair, ticketed on American Airlines (001) ticket stock.
- Full Terms and Conditions
Flights between LA and Buenos Aires
- Travel dates: Aug. 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019
- Registration code and link: LAXEZE18
- Must fly on American Airlines; not valid on partners
- Double points only for the LAX-EZE segment. The promotion doesn’t extend to connecting segments
- Full Terms and Conditions
Business Extra’s standard earning rate is 1 point per $5 spent on base airfare plus carrier charges and fees. With this promotion, you’ll earn 2 points per $5 spent. As an example of what you can get and how fast you can get it, redemptions start at 300 points for an Admirals Club day pass. Through these promotions you can get one of these passes for just $750 in airfare spending. Or for $1,625 of spending, you’ll earn 650 points — enough for a one-segment upgrade anywhere in North America, including Hawaii and the Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $815. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus Miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 16.74% - 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.