This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This year will be the last that travelers can take flight on a Boeing 747 with an American carrier, since Delta and United will be retiring all of theirs by December of 2017. The iconic jumbo jet, which made its first flight back in 1969, is one of the world’s most recognizable aircraft because of the distinct ‘hump’ at the front of the plane.
The 747 Experience exhibit will include views of the cockpit, cargo hold, cutaways of the body of the plane showing pipes and wires, the crew rest area and upper deck bunks for flight attendants. The giant wings of the plane will also be open to visitors. Note that for today — aka. ‘747 day’ — the entry fee to the exhibit will be $7.47 with prices rising back to the regular $15 entry fee the following day.
Featured image courtesy of the City of Atlanta Government’s Facebook Page.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees