Delta’s Jumbo Jet Makes Its Final Descent into Atlanta for ‘747 Experience’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This year will be the last that travelers can take flight on a Boeing 747 with an American carrier, since Delta and United will be retiring all of theirs by December of 2017. The iconic jumbo jet, which made its first flight back in 1969, is one of the world’s most recognizable aircraft because of the distinct ‘hump’ at the front of the plane.
Luckily, for all the #AvGeeks out there, this won’t be your last chance to board one. Delta is keeping one special 747-400 — the first to ever be built for an airline — and turning it into an interactive exhibit that’ll be located outside the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta.
The 747 Experience exhibit will include views of the cockpit, cargo hold, cutaways of the body of the plane showing pipes and wires, the crew rest area and upper deck bunks for flight attendants. The giant wings of the plane will also be open to visitors. Note that for today — aka. ‘747 day’ — the entry fee to the exhibit will be $7.47 with prices rising back to the regular $15 entry fee the following day.
Featured image courtesy of the City of Atlanta Government’s Facebook Page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.