Delta’s Jumbo Jet Makes Its Final Descent into Atlanta for ‘747 Experience’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This year will be the last that travelers can take flight on a Boeing 747 with an American carrier, since Delta and United will be retiring all of theirs by December of 2017. The iconic jumbo jet, which made its first flight back in 1969, is one of the world’s most recognizable aircraft because of the distinct ‘hump’ at the front of the plane.
The 747 Experience exhibit will include views of the cockpit, cargo hold, cutaways of the body of the plane showing pipes and wires, the crew rest area and upper deck bunks for flight attendants. The giant wings of the plane will also be open to visitors. Note that for today — aka. ‘747 day’ — the entry fee to the exhibit will be $7.47 with prices rising back to the regular $15 entry fee the following day.
Featured image courtesy of the City of Atlanta Government’s Facebook Page.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.