Delta’s Jumbo Jet Makes Its Final Descent into Atlanta for ‘747 Experience’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This year will be the last that travelers can take flight on a Boeing 747 with an American carrier, since Delta and United will be retiring all of theirs by December of 2017. The iconic jumbo jet, which made its first flight back in 1969, is one of the world’s most recognizable aircraft because of the distinct ‘hump’ at the front of the plane.
Luckily, for all the #AvGeeks out there, this won’t be your last chance to board one. Delta is keeping one special 747-400 — the first to ever be built for an airline — and turning it into an interactive exhibit that’ll be located outside the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta.
The 747 Experience exhibit will include views of the cockpit, cargo hold, cutaways of the body of the plane showing pipes and wires, the crew rest area and upper deck bunks for flight attendants. The giant wings of the plane will also be open to visitors. Note that for today — aka. ‘747 day’ — the entry fee to the exhibit will be $7.47 with prices rising back to the regular $15 entry fee the following day.
Featured image courtesy of the City of Atlanta Government’s Facebook Page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.