This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Shopping portals can be a valuable way to gain extra points and miles when shopping online. By making purchases you were already planning to make, you can earn additional miles with the airline of your choice, whether it’s United’s MileagePlus Shopping, American’s AAdvantage eShopping or countless others.
But these portals can have varying rates at which you can earn rewards. For example, you may be able to shop through the United portal at Nike.com and earn 3 miles per dollar spent, whereas if you were to go over to the American portal you would earn 6 miles per dollar spent and over at Delta you would earn 4 miles per dollar. It can be frustrating and time consuming to hop between each portal to figure out which is currently offering the best rate, especially because the portals usually vary their earn rates and constantly run promotions where you can earn bonus miles.
To save time and get the best bang for your buck, you can use a shopping portal aggregator like Evreward.com or CashbackMonitor.com to search for the store you want, and it’ll show you the most up-to-date earning rates for cash back, points and miles. Once you find your preferred portal, just click the link and it’ll take you to the portal’s website where you can then click through to the store and earn your miles (just make sure you’ve created and linked an account with your preferred loyalty program).
Although you may be earning more points or miles through a certain portal, the points themselves may actually not be worth as much as you think. Make sure you read TPG’s monthly points valuations to see the most lucrative loyalty programs.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards