This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When the Marriott-Starwood merger was finalized last year, integration of the two loyalty programs commenced almost immediately. And with that, SPG and Marriott announced that members of both programs would be able to match their status with the opposite chain. In case you haven’t yet linked your Marriott Rewards and SPG accounts, consider doing it now — it’s easy and doesn’t take long.
If you have status with one of the chains, you’ll automatically get status with the other (including Ritz-Carlton). Here’s how the status match breaks down:
- SPG Platinum = Marriott Platinum
- SPG Gold = Marriott Gold
- SPG Preferred Plus = Marriott Silver
- SPG Preferred = Marriott Member
To link your accounts, go to the Marriott members website. Log in to one of your accounts (SPG, Marriott or Ritz-Carlton) and select the “Link” option. You should receive a confirmation that you’ve successfully linked accounts and that your status has been changed with the other chain(s).
Keep in mind that achieving status with both of the chains is now easier than ever. For example, with The Platinum Card from American Express, you get automatic SPG Gold status in addition to Hilton Gold status. After activating your SPG Gold status via Amex, you can then connect your accounts and you’ll have Marriott Gold status as well — status with three hotel chains from one credit card!
You can learn more by reading TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig’s post on how to link your accounts and transfer points.
Featured image courtesy of the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.