This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, United shared some of the first images captured inside its new 777-300ER, which was still in Boeing’s possession. Well, today airline reps made their way to Everett, Washington to officially take delivery of UA’s first plane with the new Polaris business-class seats. United sent along some much higher-quality pictures as well — while we won’t be able to get on board until February, we at least have a pretty good idea of what to expect.
There are 60 Polaris seats arranged in a modified 1-2-1 configuration, so everyone gets direct access to the aisle.
The seats look to be nearly identical to the prototypes we’ve seen at United events over the last few months.
The new Polaris seats are a huge improvement over the carrier’s current arrangement, which can be up to twice as dense in business class, depending on the plane.
What we haven’t seen yet is the economy cabin, which is unfortunately arranged in a 3-4-3 configuration — the new industry norm.
Officially, the 777-300ER launches with Newark-San Francisco p.s. service on February 16, followed by San Francisco-Hong Kong on March 25. In the meantime, the airline will be performing FAA tests, and may operate unscheduled service on domestic routes that are still TBD.
Will you be flying United’s new 777-300ER?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards