Amex and Uber Partner for Free Rides From Select Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveling during the holidays can be an exceptionally stressful affair due to a crush of passengers traveling through the nation’s airports trying to get to their loved ones. American Express wants to take a little stress out of holiday traveling by partnering with Uber to offer US cardholders two free rides home from select major US airports (up to $65 per ride) through December 31, 2016.
Update 11/27/16: Amex has confirmed that the offer is back on, so if you haven’t registered yet be sure to do so right away! Here’s the statement from American Express:
“Due to the significant response to this offer during the busy Thanksgiving weekend, the enrollment limit was reached quickly and the offer was not available for a period of time. Uber has just increased the enrollment limit to enable more Amex Card Members to take advantage of the offer. All Amex Card Members who successfully added the promotion code to their Uber account will still be able to redeem the offer on eligible rides through 12/31.”
Update 11/26/16: Some readers have been unable to register using the promotion code, but have been successful in getting a refund from Uber following their ride. Based on the terms it doesn’t appear that there’s a cap to the number of users who can take advantage of this promo.
To claim your $130 in savings, you simply need to enter AMEXAIRPORT in the promotions tab within the Uber app and make sure that your American Express card (prepaid cards aren’t eligible) is the selected method of payment, and then $65 will be taken off the total cost of your ride after you’ve made it home. To be eligible for this promotion, rides must originate at one of the following airports:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD and MDW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- New York (EWR, LGA and JFK)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington, D.C. (DCA and IAD)
Getting home from the airport by car can often be very pricy, so this offer is without a doubt a generous holiday gift if you’re based in one of the markets this promo covers. Remember, if you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive another free ride (up to $20) from TPG.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees