This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Brian emailed me to ask about finding airport lounges:
“I recently got a Priority Pass Select membership, and I’m excited to have lounge access since I travel quite frequently. How can I tell which airports have lounges, and whether I’ll be able to use them?”
There’s no doubt that having lounge access has improved my travel experiences over the years. I’ve visited some truly luxurious lounges, but even the average domestic lounge offers at least a relatively tranquil space to get work done or wait out a long layover. Of course, you have to find lounges before you can use them, and there are a few helpful resources that will show you what’s available at your location.
For Priority Pass specifically, you have a few good options. The Priority Pass app allows you to search for lounges in a given airport or city using the Find a Lounge feature. The results indicate where you can find each lounge in the terminal and provide basic details about amenities, hours of operation and terms of admission. The app also offers a digital membership card that should get you into most lounges, so you don’t need to have your physical card handy. If you’re searching on a computer and don’t have internet access on your phone, you can get all that same information on the Priority Pass website.
If you have a lounge membership with a specific airline, you can reference similar information easily. American, Delta, United and Alaska keep up-to-date lists on their respective websites and mobile apps. The roster of Amex Centurion Lounges is small enough to memorize, but you can find all the relevant info on the American Express website as well.
More generally, I recommend you check out LoungeBuddy, which offers much of the same information along with more photos and brief reviews. You can also pre-purchase discounted access to lounges worldwide. Priority Pass has notoriously thin coverage in the US, so LoungeBuddy is a decent backup plan if there’s nothing available in your network and you don’t have other options for complimentary lounge access.
If you tend to fly the same routes repeatedly, you’ll learn pretty quickly which lounges offer the best service and which ones are most convenient for your itinerary. In general, I wouldn’t schedule a detour or layover just to visit a lounge, but you might favor one airport over others (in New York, for example) if it gives you better lounge options.
For more on Priority Pass and lounge access in general, check out these posts:
- 9 Best Priority Pass Lounges in the U.S.
- 10 of the Best Priority Pass Lounges Around the World
- Get Airport Lounge Access with These 6 Cards
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.