This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are plenty of fictional bars made famous by movies and television shows that you can visit in real life, including two versions of the Cheers bar in Boston — the original tavern on which the iconic sitcom was based, and a replica of it in Faneuil Hall. But if you wanted to pull up a bar stool at the Mos Eisley Cantina — the raucous bar in which various alien species, bounty hunters and galactic crime lords get their drink on in the Star Wars universe — you would have had to travel to a galaxy far, far away. Until now.
Called, appropriately, the Scum and Villainy Cantina, very few details of exactly when and where it will open have been confirmed as of yet. But we do know that, according to the Nerdist article, it’ll be a mostly reservations-only kind of place, with each booking securing you two hours inside the Cantina, where you’ll be treated to two drinks, a take-home pint glass, and a Scum and Villainy challenge coin — which, if you save it, will get you back into the Cantina for free during its open seating hours. But don’t get too comfortable; the bar is only supposed to be a pop-up, so don’t plan on becoming a regular.
Though its opening date was not yet announced as of this writing, the Cantina’s website is scheduled to begin accepting advance reservations this week — we recommend following its Facebook page for regular updates. No word on whether Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes will be performing, but like Yoda says: patience you must have.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards