This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
Hilton is now offering the opportunity to purchase Hilton Honors points for just 0.5 cents each with a 100% bonus through June 3. In the past, Hilton has offered similar promotions when you buy points, but the deal has never been as good as this.
You can purchase Hilton Honors points with this bonus here, and there is a limit to the number of points you can purchase per calendar year at 80,000 points. You’ll get a 100% bonus on top of the points you purchase in increments of 1,000 — up to 80,000 for a total of 160,000 Hilton Honors points. For example:
- Buy 1,000 Hilton Honors points, get a bonus of 1,000 points ($10)
- Buy 14,000 Hilton Honors points, get a bonus of 14,000 points ($140)
- Buy 65,000 Hilton Honors points, get a bonus of 65,000 points ($650)
- Buy 80,000 Hilton Honors points, get a bonus of 80,000 points ($800)
The points you purchase will post to your account within 24 hours of the transaction. This bonus is a great opportunity for you to increase your stash of Hilton Honors points. TPG values Hilton Honors points at 0.5 cents a piece in his most recent monthly valuations. With this promotion, you’re getting the same 0.5 cents value, so it could very much be a great opportunity for you to take advantage of before June 3.
With summer around the corner, you can use these points to go on a vacation — and you can often get a great return, especially at lower-category properties.
Here are some examples of how you can use these purchased points:
New York Hilton Midtown
The New York Hilton Midtown is a Category 9 property, requiring 50,000 to 80,000 Hilton Honors points per night. If you use the promotion to buy a full 160,000 points, you can get three nights for free at the property. Nightly rates start around $200 with Hilton’s HHonors member discount, but it could make sense to purchase points during pricier periods.
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
The Hilton San Francisco Union Square is a Category 7 property, requiring 30,000 to 60,000 Hilton Honors points per night. For a 30,000-point-per-night redemption, you can get six nights at the property if you’re a Hilton Silver, Gold or Diamond elite member. Elite members receive every 5th night free, so the redemption with these purchased points could become even more valuable — with five nights paid for with points and the final night covered by the 5th night free benefit. Rates at this hotel start around $180 but can climb to $400 or more during peak periods, so check your dates before purchasing points.
For lower-tier categories, you can get more than week-long stays at properties across the globe. At Category 2 properties, where redemptions are just 10,000 points per night, you can get a whopping 16 nights for free with the full 160,000-point purchase — and that’s not including the 5th night free benefit.
If you’ve been debating buying Hilton Honors points, now’s the time to do so. With Hilton’s best promotion ever, you can purchase points with a 100% bonus up for a maximum of 160,000 points. With this redemption, you’re paying just 0.5 cents per point, right on par with TPG’s valuations, so you’re not likely to find a much better deal.
You can also increase your Hilton HHonors points stash by signing up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express. For a limited time, the card is offering 100,000 Hilton HHonors points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll receive complimentary Gold status with Hilton.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards