This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for Americans wanting to visit Argentina: The South American country is waiving its $160 reciprocity fee for US passport holders entering the country. Following President Obama’s visit earlier this month, the government of Argentina announced last week that it would be suspending the fee for visitors staying less than 90 days for tourist or business purposes for the first time since it was established in 2008.
The fee is only suspended for the time being, but it’s possible that the changes will stick around as the US and Argentina develop their relationship going forward — the American government might add Argentina to the Visa Waiver Program, allowing Argentine passport holders to enter the US visa free. Argentina isn’t the only South American country to ease entrance requirements — Brazil will also temporarily waive its visa requirements during the Olympics this summer.
Visiting Argentina is also a great bargain for American travelers. The strength of the US dollar, combined with the weakness of the Argentine Peso and reasonably priced airfares — at least if you don’t mind a quick connection — make this a great and affordable destination.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards