How Do You Envision The Future Of Marriott and SPG?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of my favorite things about being The Points Guy is the chance to help people go on amazing trips by using points and miles, whether they’re planning the ultimate round-the-world honeymoon or a life-changing trip to Africa. I also enjoy getting in on the action behind the scenes, learning how loyalty programs like Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) really work and figuring out how we can all use them to maximize travel benefits as much as possible.
Later this week, I’ll be attending a special forum in LA hosted by Marriott along with some of my blogger peers from both the points and general travel worlds. The forum will be led by moderator Jeff Fromm, a consumer trends expert and president at FutureCast, who is encouraging us all to jot down our best ideas for the making Marriott Rewards and SPG the perfect loyalty programs and how they would help make travel better. He shared a really cool idea I could totally get behind — linking technology to my personal calendar so I’d start getting suggestions for things to do in the area as soon as a meeting gets cancelled, or better yet, access to a guided tour that’s tailored to my interests because the program knows me that well.
I’ve got a few ideas to share at the forum but I’m curious to see what you think: What are your favorite features of the current Marriott Rewards and SPG loyalty programs that you don’t want to see changed once the merger takes place? Is there anything in either program that you dislike and would want to be done differently?
Please share your thoughts in the comments, below. I promise to do my best to represent my readers and your ideas and concerns at the forum this week. Together, maybe we can help Marriott and SPG loyalty programs of the future be better than ever.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.