Radisson Aruba to Become Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For months there has been buzz about the potential sale of the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino, and Spa. This was not good news to fans of the Club Carlson program like myself since the hotel was only 50,000 Club Carlson points per night and Club Carlson co-branded credit card holders could get the last award night free (until all that changed on June 1st). Beginning June 1st, the hotel was no longer such a great deal on points once it went up to 70,000 points per night and the last award night free perk vanished, but lots of folks still had their eye on the property thanks to locking in future reservations using Club Carlson points.
For better or worse, it now seems clear that the buzz was accurate and the hotel will become the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino in the very near future. Both the Hilton and Club Carlson website are not currently accepting reservations for the property, but you can see photos on Hilton’s website of what is clearly the (former) Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino, and Spa under its new Hilton name.
I have also had multiple reports from folks who have been told the resort will transition to Hilton on July 15th, and so far the word has been that all prior reservations will be honored, which is great! I don’t believe the Hilton site has been updated with how many HHonors points per night the hotel will be once the transition is complete, but I will update when I know.
We stayed at the property earlier this year and found it to be in a great beach-front location and with some good amenities. I think it had some areas for improvement, and hopefully Hilton will be able to take it back up a notch.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.