What’s It Like to Spend a Week at the Admirals Club?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Well, we’re about to find out. TPG intern Kevin Song has kindly volunteered to spend this week touring the East Coast, visiting Admirals Clubs old and new with his brand-new Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. In addition to full lounge access (even when he’s not flying AA), Kevin’s getting 75,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $7,500 in the first 3 months — which should more than make up for his week on the road.
From tomorrow on, we booked all of Kevin’s flights using British Airways Avios, for a grand total of 18,000 Avios. Add in the free lounge access and last-minute hotel deals booked on Hotel Tonight, and we got quite a steal on this last-minute East Coast itinerary.
We’re going to remain tight-lipped about his schedule for now, so follow along with Kevin’s daily reports — he’ll be sharing his experience from each airport every afternoon through Friday, reporting on the free (and for-purchase) snacks, Wi-Fi performance and his overall impressions of each lounge. Keep an eye out for the first report later this afternoon.
Day One: Admirals Club – Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
Day Two: Admirals Club – New York LaGuardia (LGA)
Day Three: Admirals Club – Philadelphia International (PHL)
Day Four: Admirals Club – Boston Logan International (BOS)
Day Five: Admirals Club – Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Do you often feel like you’re living in an airport/Admirals Club? Share your own experience in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees