What’s It Like to Spend a Week at the Admirals Club?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Well, we’re about to find out. TPG intern Kevin Song has kindly volunteered to spend this week touring the East Coast, visiting Admirals Clubs old and new with his brand-new Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. In addition to full lounge access (even when he’s not flying AA), Kevin’s getting 75,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $7,500 in the first 3 months — which should more than make up for his week on the road.
From tomorrow on, we booked all of Kevin’s flights using British Airways Avios, for a grand total of 18,000 Avios. Add in the free lounge access and last-minute hotel deals booked on Hotel Tonight, and we got quite a steal on this last-minute East Coast itinerary.
We’re going to remain tight-lipped about his schedule for now, so follow along with Kevin’s daily reports — he’ll be sharing his experience from each airport every afternoon through Friday, reporting on the free (and for-purchase) snacks, Wi-Fi performance and his overall impressions of each lounge. Keep an eye out for the first report later this afternoon.
Day One: Admirals Club – Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
Day Two: Admirals Club – New York LaGuardia (LGA)
Day Three: Admirals Club – Philadelphia International (PHL)
Day Four: Admirals Club – Boston Logan International (BOS)
Day Five: Admirals Club – Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Do you often feel like you’re living in an airport/Admirals Club? Share your own experience in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.