Amazing Deal Alert: 10,500+ Airline Miles for $32 With Netflix Subscriptions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Netflix is aggressively seeking new customers and currently has sign-up bonuses with the four major US airline frequent flyer programs .The great thing about signing up for Netflix is that you don’t need to enter much information at all – pretty much just an email address and a credit card. What this allows you to do is sign-up for the service multiple times since they only track whether you are a new member through email, credit card and frequent flyer number. So if you use different emails (easy and free to create) and credit cards (I know most mileage junkies have no shortage of cards), you should be able to bank multiple bonuses.
This is not a new deal, and I have written about in the past, but I have taken advantage of all these bonuses within past year and gotten all the miles, so I wanted to remind people that it was out there as an easy way to get miles on the cheap (plus you get Netflix, which might be of value to some of you).
Risk and Reward
Digital membership is $7 a month and you can cancel at any time. That means conservatively you can get 1,500 miles for $7 – or less than half a cent a point, an amazing deal. I just got 4,000 United miles (which I value the most) for $7.99, less than 2/10 of a cent per mile. I then redeemed for a one-way business class award on Lufthansa for 50,000 miles and ~$50 for what would have been a $5,000 ticket. So my one Netflix sign-up got me 8% of a one-way business class award from Los Angeles to Paris. Not so shabby.
The risk is that you won’t get the miles and will still be charged that $7.99. Netflix has good customer service, so you could argue your way out of the first month if you don’t get the miles. In my opinion, the risk factor is pretty low.
Is it unethical to get multiple bonuses? Depends on your interpretation of the rules. Frankly, my take is that if Netflix didn’t want to give multiple bonuses, they would have better controls in place. They may love to see this spark new members because it helps their bottom line and they are gambling that people will forget to cancel and will be profitable customers. So playing along doesn’t seem out of line to me.
Here are the main offers – feel free to comment if there are any better ones out there or if you’ve had any recent success (or failure) getting a bonus.
Best offer: United 4,000 miles for United cardholders (and some lucky ones who don’t have the card) or 2,000 for everyone else. I do not have a United MileagePlus Explorer Card or United MileagePlus Club Card – I used my Sapphire Preferred Visa and I got the 4,000 miles when I applied on June 18, 2012. Note: you may still be able to also sign up with your old United MileagePlus number as well since United will auto-deposit those miles into your new account (Continental number).
My recent United Netflix payday
American: 2,500 miles when becoming a paying member (so wait for the free trial to be over).
Delta: 2,500 miles with new account.
US Airways: 1,500 miles with new account. Note: You may want to hold off for a potential Grand Slam promotion to stack with this promo.
And by the way,you can also earn 3,000 Priority Club points with a new account as well.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.