25,000 Point Sign-up Bonus for the Amex Business Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express increased the sign-up bonus on the Business Platinum card today from 0 to 25,000 points, after you spend $5,000 within the first three months. While 25,000 isn’t necessarily “amazing deal” material, it’s a decent bonus for a card Amex hasn’t really marketed in the past year. Some TPG readers have emailed me about lucrative targeted offers for up to 100,000 sign-up bonus points on this card, but I never seem lucky enough to be eligible for any of those offers.
The Business Platinum basically has the same core benefits as the personal card: $200 yearly airline rebate, Delta, American and US Airways lounge access, Priority Pass Select membership (require enrollment), Free Global Entry, Fine Hotels & Resorts and 1.25 cents per point when you redeem with Pay Per Points. You can read my entire Platinum card review here. There is currently a 50,000 point bonus for the personal Platinum if a current card member refers you.
In addition to those core benefits, the Business Platinum also gives you access to American Express’ Open Savings program, which automatically gives you discounts when you use your card at certain vendors: for example 3% at Hyatt, 5% at Courtyard by Marriott, 5% at Airtran, 10% at Hertz, 5% at Office Max and 5% at Fedex.
The annual fee is $450, which can easily be recouped in value if you maximize the benefits of the card – especially the first year with the 25,000 point bonus (those alone are worth over $450 in my eyes if you use them to their maximum value).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.