25,000 Point Sign-up Bonus for the Amex Business Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN, The Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express increased the sign-up bonus on the Business Platinum card today from 0 to 25,000 points, after you spend $5,000 within the first three months. While 25,000 isn’t necessarily “amazing deal” material, it’s a decent bonus for a card Amex hasn’t really marketed in the past year. Some TPG readers have emailed me about lucrative targeted offers for up to 100,000 sign-up bonus points on this card, but I never seem lucky enough to be eligible for any of those offers.
The Business Platinum basically has the same core benefits as the personal card: $200 yearly airline rebate, Delta, American and US Airways lounge access, Priority Pass Select membership (require enrollment), Free Global Entry, Fine Hotels & Resorts and 1.25 cents per point when you redeem with Pay Per Points. You can read my entire Platinum card review here. There is currently a 50,000 point bonus for the personal Platinum if a current card member refers you.
In addition to those core benefits, the Business Platinum also gives you access to American Express’ Open Savings program, which automatically gives you discounts when you use your card at certain vendors: for example 3% at Hyatt, 5% at Courtyard by Marriott, 5% at Airtran, 10% at Hertz, 5% at Office Max and 5% at Fedex.
The annual fee is $450, which can easily be recouped in value if you maximize the benefits of the card – especially the first year with the 25,000 point bonus (those alone are worth over $450 in my eyes if you use them to their maximum value).
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees