60,000 Mile Offer for United Explorer Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Numerous TPG readers have emailed me over the last couple months with their emailed offers of 60,000 miles for the United Explorer card. The offer, which gives 50,000 miles after first use and 10,000 after you spend $25,000 within a calendar year, is a pretty good deal, but unfortunately it’s targeted to select United MileagePlus elite members so I haven’t written about it. I even wrote in my future credit card strategy post that I look forward to applying for this offer once it’s made public.
However, it was reported on Flyertalk that if your United account has a positive balance and if you click this link, you can get the 60,000 offer to populate. I decided to try it out, so I transferred 2,000 miles from my Continental account to my United using this site (FYI weirdly I got an error when trying to transfer using this method, but when I logged into my United account the Continental transfer had indeed gone through. Not sure what the issue is, but beware). You can also transfer Ultimate Rewards points to your United account since United is a new transfer partner. If you don’t have a United MileagePlus account, you can get one here.
As with all things miles and points, your experience may vary and this method may actually work. Everything is a risk, so just make sure you evaluate whether it makes sense. For me, it’s just not worth the risk, especially since there are so many other juicy Chase offers right now (40,000 points for Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, 2 Free Hyatt Nights, 40,000 for Sapphire Preferred, 50,000 for Ink Bold) that I don’t mind holding off until this offer is a sure deal.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees