60,000 Mile Offer for United Explorer Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Numerous TPG readers have emailed me over the last couple months with their emailed offers of 60,000 miles for the United Explorer card. The offer, which gives 50,000 miles after first use and 10,000 after you spend $25,000 within a calendar year, is a pretty good deal, but unfortunately it’s targeted to select United MileagePlus elite members so I haven’t written about it. I even wrote in my future credit card strategy post that I look forward to applying for this offer once it’s made public.
However, it was reported on Flyertalk that if your United account has a positive balance and if you click this link, you can get the 60,000 offer to populate. I decided to try it out, so I transferred 2,000 miles from my Continental account to my United using this site (FYI weirdly I got an error when trying to transfer using this method, but when I logged into my United account the Continental transfer had indeed gone through. Not sure what the issue is, but beware). You can also transfer Ultimate Rewards points to your United account since United is a new transfer partner. If you don’t have a United MileagePlus account, you can get one here.
As with all things miles and points, your experience may vary and this method may actually work. Everything is a risk, so just make sure you evaluate whether it makes sense. For me, it’s just not worth the risk, especially since there are so many other juicy Chase offers right now (40,000 points for Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, 2 Free Hyatt Nights, 40,000 for Sapphire Preferred, 50,000 for Ink Bold) that I don’t mind holding off until this offer is a sure deal.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.