Free Hilton Gold Status with Visa Signature Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
Hilton is offering Gold status to Visa Signature cardholders. Simply register your card here and your account will automatically be updated to Gold Status and if you stay three times by August 31, 2011, they will extend that Gold status until March 2013. I think this is a great deal, especially since the Citi HHonors Hilton Visa Signature card has no annual fee and currently has a 40,000 point sign-up bonus when you spend $1,000 within the first four months (see more details below).
Hilton Gold status isn’t too shabby either, as far as mid-tier hotel status is concerned. Normally earned by either 16 stays*, 36 nights* or 60,000 Base points earned during any calendar year. Key benefits are:
– 25% point bonus on all Hilton stays
– Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access
– A property specific benefit; which depends by brand but can include room upgrades (including executive floors which come with lounge access and if an Executive Floor room isn’t available, you can choose to get breakfast instead) or 1,000/500 point amenities, bottles of water, snack items and more.
Also, if you already have Hilton status, Per Ben at One Mile at a Time, “For those that are already HHonors Gold or Diamond members, registering for the above offer will earn you 5,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points (which will post in 1-2 weeks).”
Hat tip to TPG reader David for sending me this while I was en route from Tokyo to New York!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards