Free Hilton Gold Status with Visa Signature Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
Hilton is offering Gold status to Visa Signature cardholders. Simply register your card here and your account will automatically be updated to Gold Status and if you stay three times by August 31, 2011, they will extend that Gold status until March 2013. I think this is a great deal, especially since the Citi HHonors Hilton Visa Signature card has no annual fee and currently has a 40,000 point sign-up bonus when you spend $1,000 within the first four months (see more details below).
Hilton Gold status isn’t too shabby either, as far as mid-tier hotel status is concerned. Normally earned by either 16 stays*, 36 nights* or 60,000 Base points earned during any calendar year. Key benefits are:
– 25% point bonus on all Hilton stays
– Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access
– A property specific benefit; which depends by brand but can include room upgrades (including executive floors which come with lounge access and if an Executive Floor room isn’t available, you can choose to get breakfast instead) or 1,000/500 point amenities, bottles of water, snack items and more.
Also, if you already have Hilton status, Per Ben at One Mile at a Time, “For those that are already HHonors Gold or Diamond members, registering for the above offer will earn you 5,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points (which will post in 1-2 weeks).”
Hat tip to TPG reader David for sending me this while I was en route from Tokyo to New York!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees