You Can Now Book Qantas First Class for 50% off on Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to fly in the front of the plane on your next trip? Airbnb can help you with that.
For the next two weeks, Qantas will be listing some of its first and business class seats on Airbnb for a fraction of the normal price; some bookings are more than 50 percent off. The listings, all for fully lie-flat seas, will be somewhat difficult to find on Airbnb and will only be open to Qantas frequent flyer members.
The redemptions will be disguised as normal accommodation listings on the site, with Qantas Frequent Flyer registered as the “host.” An example of a possible redemption through the Airbnb promotion, Qantas says, would be “Two First Class seats one way Melbourne to Los Angeles 50,000 Qantas Points, normally 144,000 Qantas Points per seat,” or “Two Business class seats one way Sydney to London for 50,000 Qantas Points, normally 128,000 per seat.”
The secret listings will include imagery of Qantas lounges and aircraft and include information on the flight details, destination and Qantas Points required to secure the booking. Listings include seats in pairs and groups of four.
Here’s how the promotion works:
• Qantas Frequent Flyers search the Airbnb website for a Qantas Frequent Flyer secret listing.
• When a member locates a secret listing they click on request to book.
• Once a member’s request to book has been received, a Qantas Frequent Flyer team representative will then get in contact to confirm their Frequent Flyer number and necessary points balance.
• Once the information is verified, a Qantas customer care agent will book the flights.
“Some of our members fly with us more than 100 times a year so it can certainly feel like they’re living on one of our planes, eating, sleeping and working at 35,000 feet,” Olivia Wirth, Qantas Loyalty CEO, said in a release. “Our business and first class suites have all the hallmarks of a typical Airbnb house with comfortable beds, movies, quality cooked meals and experienced friendly hosts.”
The promotion only includes flights out of Australia, but destinations include “dozens” of destinations across Qantas’ international route network, including London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Santiago. The airline has 12 A380s that still feature first class, which is also found on one of its 747s, otherwise its long-haul fleet features business class only. This is a good opportunity to book coveted premium-class seats on a carrier that can be notoriously difficult for award redemptions.
Since Qantas is a member of the Oneworld alliance, award seats can also be booked using American Airlines miles.
Featured photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees