World’s largest snow maze is even bigger this year to allow for social distancing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just outside of Winnipeg, Canada, sits the Guinness World Record-holding largest snow maze in the world.
There was some uncertainty about whether it would open this year due to health concerns and unusually warm weather, but it’s once again welcoming visitors and is bigger than ever.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The snow maze, located at A Maze In Corn in Saint Adolphe, Manitoba has officially reopened and measures a whopping 240,000 square feet — about twice the size of its record-breaking build in 2019.
View this post on Instagram
The reason behind the massive expansion? COVID-19.
The designer and co-owner of the maze, Clint Masse, estimates the labyrinth to be 91 percent bigger than it was last year. “This year, just with COVID, we’ve got to go larger, so now there’s eight-foot wide paths, so there’s more than enough room for people to pass safely,” Masse explained in an interview with a local radio station.
But not to worry — if you get lost in the maze, there are “easy exits” available every ten minutes of walking.
View this post on Instagram
Other COVID precautions include capacity restrictions, mandating face coverings and requiring at least six feet of social distancing between households. Additionally, indoor warming areas are closed.
Unfortunately, Canada’s borders are closed to U.S. visitors until at least March 21. However, for those in Canada, you can buy your tickets online. Bookings are being accepted in two-hour periods and cost $15 CAD for adults, 13 CAD for children ages 4-12 and free for those ages three and under. The maze will be open through March 14, weather permitting.
Featured photo by STR/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.