World’s largest snow maze is even bigger this year to allow for social distancing
Just outside of Winnipeg, Canada, sits the Guinness World Record-holding largest snow maze in the world.
There was some uncertainty about whether it would open this year due to health concerns and unusually warm weather, but it’s once again welcoming visitors and is bigger than ever.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The snow maze, located at A Maze In Corn in Saint Adolphe, Manitoba has officially reopened and measures a whopping 240,000 square feet — about twice the size of its record-breaking build in 2019.
View this post on Instagram
The reason behind the massive expansion? COVID-19.
The designer and co-owner of the maze, Clint Masse, estimates the labyrinth to be 91 percent bigger than it was last year. “This year, just with COVID, we’ve got to go larger, so now there’s eight-foot wide paths, so there’s more than enough room for people to pass safely,” Masse explained in an interview with a local radio station.
But not to worry — if you get lost in the maze, there are “easy exits” available every ten minutes of walking.
View this post on Instagram
Other COVID precautions include capacity restrictions, mandating face coverings and requiring at least six feet of social distancing between households. Additionally, indoor warming areas are closed.
Unfortunately, Canada’s borders are closed to U.S. visitors until at least March 21. However, for those in Canada, you can buy your tickets online. Bookings are being accepted in two-hour periods and cost $15 CAD for adults, 13 CAD for children ages 4-12 and free for those ages three and under. The maze will be open through March 14, weather permitting.
Featured photo by STR/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees