The World’s Largest Bounce House Is About to Travel Around the Country
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the things I miss about having little children is the bounce houses. The staple of elementary school functions, over-the-top birthday parties and spring flings, it always made me nostalgic for the days when I could bounce my cares away.
Fortunately, The Big Bounce House creators felt my nostalgia for the “good old days” and have erected the world’s largest bounce house — and it’s going on tour.
The main edifice, a 20,000-square-foot castle, holds a Guinness World Record for largest bounce house. (Yes, there is such a record.) Even better, they’re adding two additional attractions: The Giant — a 900-foot-long inflatable ninja-style obstacle course and airSPACE, which takes the bouncy experience to, well, an entirely different planet.
Best of all, you can experience The Big Bounce House in 40 cities all over the US this summer and fall. Prices range from $16 to $28 per three-hour session. The tour kicks off on May 3 in Nashville, and will hit major metropolises including Philadelphia, Denver, Detroit, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Orlando, Chicago, Washington, DC and others before it concludes in Corpus Christi, Texas this November. Check the website for all the locations, dates and ticket information.
Tickets are for a specific time slot for entrance to the main castle and open access to the other two attractions. Event organizers have separated out event times for under-3s, under-7s and under-15s, and they’re even offering adult-only sessions if you want to jump around . without worrying about crushing (or getting judged by) a preschooler.
If the New York City stop on the Big Bounce House tour is your target (the so-called inflatable experience hits the Big Apple during the weekends of July 26 to 28 and Aug. 4 to 6), the Brooklyn Marriott is a good option as a Marriott Category 5 property. Between the hotel’s indoor pool, the proximity to the Brooklyn Bridge and the Big Bounce House, kids will have a lot of options for shaking out their sillies between museum and attraction visits.
I confess to being way too excited about this event for a grown-up. But if you also decide it’s time to get your bounce on, remember to pack one of our recommended best credit cards for entertainment spending.
Featured photo credit: Big Bounce House
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.