Want to Work for The Points Guy? This Is How You Can Join Our Team
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a new place to show off your creativity? Have a penchant for points and miles? Want the opportunity to become a part of a travel-obsessed group of professionals like you? Good news — The Points Guy and our parent company, Red Ventures, are looking to recruit new talent to join our growing team.
Sound interesting? Here are some details about what working at TPG is like:
- You’ll work at a rapidly expanding company with ample opportunity for leadership experience
- We place a heavy emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation and maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- We value our people: you’ll be working for a place that offers ample paid time off, exclusive events, office pups and a bevy of unreal travel perks
- We care about corporate responsibility and social good. Our new team members will join a company that gives back to the community through charitable action.
All listings can be found on the Red Ventures job board. We’re not only looking for editorial and social media talent, but developers and engineers as well to help us create our new TPG app. If all of this sounds interesting to you, apply here.
New York, New York
We are seeking a highly skilled professional who is passionate about travel, points and miles and aviation to lead our video department.
The Director of Video’s primary role is to oversee video across all media platforms including on-site, YouTube and other social media. They will manage a team of in-house producers and editors while also communicating with a network of freelancers. They’ll also work closely with The Points Guy, Brian Kelly, on producing content for his channel via social media and branded campaigns. The Director of Video must have a collaborative spirit, as they will be working with a variety of TPG teams (editorial, SEO, data, podcast, etc.) and devise a holistic content strategy.
The director of video must have at least 5 (or more) years of experience in video production, have a strong familiarity with all things travel, aviation, and points and miles and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, startup environment. They also must have experience in team building, shooting and editing videos for multiple media.
New York, New York
The Events and Communications Manager will work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to support and execute communications strategies, media appearances, interviews and CEO speaking engagements for The Points Guy.
You will also support all TPG events including the 2019 TPG Awards, reader events, PointsCon, and all company charitable giving.
You’ll drive successful events and campaigns by having great communications skills, strong ability to multitask, and a “no job is too small” mentality.
The Events and Communications Manager will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day PR activities such as: content creation, media monitoring, writing, pitching, client relations, planning and events as well as acting as a liaison with the TPG editorial team for any press needs including assigning and facilitating interviews with members of the editorial team. They will also create brand decks for sponsorship for events and work cross-functionally with the Business Development team to pitch and secure event sponsorships, oversee event strategy for VIPs to attend TPG events, maintain a budget and research, coordinate and book event entertainment including speakers and music.
The managers must have at least 3 years of experience in media, agency or PR experience, strong storytelling ability, be mission-driven and have a proven track record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns at a national level.
New York, New York
We’re looking for a smart, savvy and enthusiastic journalist to join the team. This editor will manage the daily news flow of The Points Guy, working with each section editor to schedule and publish daily posts. They will also assign out and edit breaking news stories and manage the placement of stories on the homepage for optimal readership.
The News Editor’s daily tasks involve assigning and editing stories, managing the daily and weekly content calendar and monitoring news throughout the workday. They’ll oversee morning news meetings, make the call on which breaking news events to cover and coordinate and adapt stories with the TPG UK team. It’s up to the news editor to keep the TPG editorial team producing high-quality, serviceable and SEO-friendly stories.
Our ideal news editor is well educated on all things travel, aviation, credit cards and points and miles. They should have at least five years’ experience as a reporter or writer with a strong grasp of AP style. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
New York, New York
Are you passionate about Instagram accounts depicting travel? Is travel your sport? Are you hopelessly addicted to social media? If so, this might be the job for you. This person will work with the organic media, editorial, PR and paid media teams to create posts and stories on Instagram to drive growth for the TPG brand.
The Social Media Producer is responsible for packaging and presenting the TPG brand on social media (mostly Instagram) while also creating clickable, engaging social posts. They’ll collaborate with a wide variety of teams across the board — from editorial, to creative, to video, to internal business units, partners, analysts and more. They will also be responsible for working with influencers to build partnerships.
Our ideal social media producer has a Bachelor’s Degree and at least one to three years of experience in a Social Media role. It’s crucial to have a deep understanding of emerging social media trends, best practices and advanced tools and platforms such as Instagram Analytics, Social Flow, Later and Iconosquare. Photoshop skills and a liking for dogs (can’t forget @ThePointsPups too!) are a plus.
We are looking for motivated software engineers well versed in creating, deploying and supporting mobile applications. Experience with financial technology, credit cards, rewards and travel is a plus.
All three positions require the same general experience. All three must have experience in either iOS or Androiod development and have knowledge of Swift, Kotlin or more software languages. They’ll also have to be fluent in UX and UI design and SDLC for mobile applications. Skills in deploying and supporting mobile applications for Google Play or the App Store is also a requirement for the job.
Featured image by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees