WestJet Adding New Routes to Los Cabos and Punta Cana
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WestJet will connect Calgary and Victoria, British Columbia, to two more sun destinations this winter.
The Calgary-based carrier will offer weekly seasonal service between Calgary and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic from Dec. 13 to April 21, 2020, and between Victoria and Los Cabos from Nov. 5 to April 18, 2020, the company announced today. WestJet will fly a Boeing 767-300ER on the Calgary-Punta Cana route, and a Boeing 737-700 on the Victoria-Los Cabos route.
“With new routes to Punta Cana and Cabo San Lucas… WestJet is getting our guests to the sun and sand sooner than ever this winter,” says Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer of WestJet.
The airline already serves both Los Cabos from Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna and Vancouver; and Punta Cana from Toronto, Diio by Cirium data shows. WestJet will compete with Sunwing Airlines on the Victoria-Los Cabos route.
The new routes come as WestJet continues to face uncertainty over the return-to-service of the Boeing 737 MAX. The airline suspended its financial guidance for the year after the aircraft was grounded in March, when it operated 13 of the type.
Prior to the grounding, WestJet planned to grow system capacity by 6.5-8.5% in 2019.
Featured photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees