WestJet Adding New Routes to Los Cabos and Punta Cana
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WestJet will connect Calgary and Victoria, British Columbia, to two more sun destinations this winter.
The Calgary-based carrier will offer weekly seasonal service between Calgary and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic from Dec. 13 to April 21, 2020, and between Victoria and Los Cabos from Nov. 5 to April 18, 2020, the company announced today. WestJet will fly a Boeing 767-300ER on the Calgary-Punta Cana route, and a Boeing 737-700 on the Victoria-Los Cabos route.
“With new routes to Punta Cana and Cabo San Lucas… WestJet is getting our guests to the sun and sand sooner than ever this winter,” says Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer of WestJet.
The airline already serves both Los Cabos from Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna and Vancouver; and Punta Cana from Toronto, Diio by Cirium data shows. WestJet will compete with Sunwing Airlines on the Victoria-Los Cabos route.
The new routes come as WestJet continues to face uncertainty over the return-to-service of the Boeing 737 MAX. The airline suspended its financial guidance for the year after the aircraft was grounded in March, when it operated 13 of the type.
Prior to the grounding, WestJet planned to grow system capacity by 6.5-8.5% in 2019.
Featured photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.