Watch TPG UK review all 3 cabins on Virgin Atlantic’s brand-new Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic began flying its first-ever Airbus A350 aircraft just last week. And, of course, TPG had to be on board. Three TPG UK team members booked the same flight in an effort to test out all three classes: Upper Class Suite, Premium and economy.
As per TPG editorial policy, we paid for the flights, to give you an accurate representation of what the experience is like. Before jumping into the video, be sure to read our reviews of the Upper Class Suite and Premium products.
Across the board, Virgin has gotten close to perfecting the passenger experience in each cabin on board A350. Yes, there are still some flaws: namely, a lack of storage in Upper, a narrow seat in Premium and no AC power outlets in economy (there are USB ports). However, the passenger experience overall is a great improvement, especially compared to the likes of Virgin’s much older aircraft, like its A340s and 747s.
Virgin will soon fly four daily frequencies between London and New York with its A350s, before also offering A350 service on its route from London to Los Angeles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
This card offers a 80,000-point bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months. Plus, earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 at gas stations, restaurants, supermarkets and on air travel and hotels. 1 ThankYou point per $1 on all other purchases.
- For a limited time, earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
- 80,000 Points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases