Watch TPG UK review all 3 cabins on Virgin Atlantic’s brand-new Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic began flying its first-ever Airbus A350 aircraft just last week. And, of course, TPG had to be on board. Three TPG UK team members booked the same flight in an effort to test out all three classes: Upper Class Suite, Premium and economy.
As per TPG editorial policy, we paid for the flights, to give you an accurate representation of what the experience is like. Before jumping into the video, be sure to read our reviews of the Upper Class Suite and Premium products.
Across the board, Virgin has gotten close to perfecting the passenger experience in each cabin on board A350. Yes, there are still some flaws: namely, a lack of storage in Upper, a narrow seat in Premium and no AC power outlets in economy (there are USB ports). However, the passenger experience overall is a great improvement, especially compared to the likes of Virgin’s much older aircraft, like its A340s and 747s.
Virgin will soon fly four daily frequencies between London and New York with its A350s, before also offering A350 service on its route from London to Los Angeles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.