W Hotels is ditching its iconic Bliss products as it transforms the brand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The W brand is in the midst of an evolution — it’s not exactly “growing up” but it is certainly evolving beyond its darky and broody roots. Founded in 1998, W hotels soon became the hippest spots in town to stay. But, as time wore on, some guests — even The Points Guy himself — felt as if they may be outgrowing the brand. As W modernizes its existing hotels and opens new ones, it’s focusing on brighter atmospheres and emphasizing sustainability, health and wellness — along with keeping some evening fun on the menu.
Changes like this can be wonderful or weird (as the case may be with the W Aspen’s $1,000+ rooms outfitted with bunk beds).
One additional revamp W is talking about today is its choice of in-room bath amenities. It’s no longer outfitting rooms and suites with Bliss products, which anyone who has stayed at a W in the last decade has probably experienced.
Instead, W guests can now look forward to new unisex amenities designed by Italy-based Davines and sister brand /skin regimen/.
The sustainable skin and hair care products you’ll find in your room include Davines MOMO shampoo, conditioner and shower gel as well as /skin regimen/ cleansing cream, body cream and vegetable soap. Some of the products are even exclusive to the W.
The W’s Away Spa will also have these products — all of which are sulfate- and paraben-free — at the ready for guests in addition to amenities from sister brand [ comfort zone ].
To reduce waste, by year’s end the W will offer these amenities in full-size bottles. Additionally, the company says, “Davines is a certified B Corporation and CO2 neutral company that supports reforestation to offset its carbon emissions.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.