You can visit every National Park for free on Monday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been itching to spend a day at one of the nation’s more than 400 national parks, you’re in luck: All National Park Service (NPS) sites will offer free admission on Veteran’s Day, Monday, Nov. 11. Yes, even the ones that usually charge an entrance fee (we see you, Acadia).
In fact, this only happens five days a year. If you missed the free national park days for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, National Parks Week, the National Park Service’s birthday and National Public Lands Day, this is your final chance to visit national parks that normally charge admission for free in 2019.
The only thing to keep in mind, though, is that the waiver doesn’t cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation or special tours.
If you’re a National Parks aficionado, and this one free day isn’t enough, you should consider purchasing the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass. For $80, you’ll get unlimited entrance to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, even if they normally charge an entrance fee. If you’re a senior citizen, member of the military, family of fourth-grade students or disabled, you may also be able to get free or discounted passes.
Need a little inspiration to help you decide which parks to visit? Our top picks are Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, where you’ll save $70 collectively; Zion and the Grand Canyon, where you can also save $70 by visiting both parks; and the Rocky Mountains and Great Sand Dunes, where you can save $60 on Monday. If you’re still undecided, we put together this handy guide that will help you get the most out of this special day.
Of course, this isn’t the only way tourists and locals can take advantage of free activities around the country. If you have a Bank of America, Merrill Lynch or U.S. Trust credit or debit card, you can take advantage of free admission to museums across the country on select weekends.
Feature photo by Chris Leipelt via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees