Virgin Atlantic and Delta return to London Heathrow’s Terminal 3 on July 15, Clubhouse reopens
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As travel resumes, London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR) will reach another significant milestone this month. In particular, major tenants Virgin Atlantic and Delta will return to their home in Terminal 3 on July 15.
The joint venture partners had been operating from Terminal 2 during the pandemic. The usually busy Heathrow airport consolidated operations from four active terminals down to just two amid plunging demand.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
The news is even better for Upper Class and Gold members of Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club program (as well as eligible Delta passengers) since the well-regarded Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse will reopen at the same time.
The airline plans to provide as much of the famous Clubhouse experience as possible. But, in line with current U.K. government guidelines, masks will be required on entry and when guests are moving around inside the Clubhouse. And guests should remain seated as much as possible. So bar seating, the rooftop and pool table will be unavailable until further notice.
Clubhouse guests can order complimentary a la carte menu items including tapas, meats and cheeses as well as afternoon tea online via QR codes placed throughout the lounge. Rival British Airways’ move from buffets to at seat-ordering in their Terminal 5 lounge has been well received by passengers.
“We’re delighted to finally be back on our home turf, and I know our teams can’t wait to warmly welcome our customers to Terminal 3, as they return to the skies in style, as they fly safe and well with Virgin Atlantic” Corneel Koster, Chief Customer and Operating Officer, commented.
While the core routes operated by the two airlines between the United Kingdom and the United States remain off-limits to British tourists for non-essential reasons, Virgin Atlantic does operate flights to some green-list destinations, including to Antigua, Barbados, Grenada and Israel.
Related: US misses UK green list again
Terminal 3 received flights arriving from red-list destinations to avoid mixing these higher-risk passengers with those coming from green and amber list countries. But, red-list passengers now arrive into Heathrow’s Terminal 4.
This means that for arriving aircraft, Heathrow will once again use all four terminals. And this is a significant milestone in the return of travel.
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees