Take to the ‘skies’ with Virgin Atlantic’s A350 flight simulator in Heathrow Terminal 3 for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AvGeeks departing from London Heathrow will want to make their way to Terminal 3 pre-flight. Virgin Atlantic has placed an Airbus A350 simulator in the terminal, free for passengers to test out.
The mobile simulator is located at the Virgin Atlantic check-in area of Terminal 3. According to a Virgin Atlantic spokesperson, the simulator will be on display through the month of October.
For AvGeeks, you’ll want to stop by the display — especially if you’re flying with Virgin Atlantic or Delta out of Terminal 3. Several other airlines also operate out of T3, including Emirates, most Oneworld airlines like Qantas, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines, as well as some British Airways flights.
Flight simulators are a great way to experience flying an aircraft without actually operating a flying metal tube through the skies. Often, accessing a flight simulator, which is what pilots use for training, is incredibly hard — but it can be done. Or, of course, there’s the Japanese hotel with a 737 simulator inside one of its rooms. With Virgin’s mobile simulator, while not a full-motion sim, it’s an equally fun way to AvGeek out.
Virgin Atlantic began flying its first Airbus A350 aircraft in September, complete with its brand new Upper Class Suite.
Featured photo by Emily McNutt/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees