Take to the ‘skies’ with Virgin Atlantic’s A350 flight simulator in Heathrow Terminal 3 for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AvGeeks departing from London Heathrow will want to make their way to Terminal 3 pre-flight. Virgin Atlantic has placed an Airbus A350 simulator in the terminal, free for passengers to test out.
The mobile simulator is located at the Virgin Atlantic check-in area of Terminal 3. According to a Virgin Atlantic spokesperson, the simulator will be on display through the month of October.
For AvGeeks, you’ll want to stop by the display — especially if you’re flying with Virgin Atlantic or Delta out of Terminal 3. Several other airlines also operate out of T3, including Emirates, most Oneworld airlines like Qantas, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines, as well as some British Airways flights.
Flight simulators are a great way to experience flying an aircraft without actually operating a flying metal tube through the skies. Often, accessing a flight simulator, which is what pilots use for training, is incredibly hard — but it can be done. Or, of course, there’s the Japanese hotel with a 737 simulator inside one of its rooms. With Virgin’s mobile simulator, while not a full-motion sim, it’s an equally fun way to AvGeek out.
Virgin Atlantic began flying its first Airbus A350 aircraft in September, complete with its brand new Upper Class Suite.
Featured photo by Emily McNutt/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.