Video: Watch TPG go through Delta flight attendant training
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emergency evacuation slides, Boeing simulators and the world’s largest jet-engine test cell: that was all in a day’s work — or play? — for the TPG staffers who recently visited Delta’s global headquarters in Atlanta. Running a global airline like Delta takes an army of skilled technicians, trained ground staff, pilots and flight attendants, plus significant training and constant quality assurance. Over the course of a single day, our CEO and founder Brian Kelly. TPG himself, got to experience it all firsthand.
After a planeside Porsche pickup typically reserved for Delta’s top elite flyers, the day started at Delta Tech Ops where Brian toured the newest engine shop, built to work on giant engines like the Rolls-Royce Trent used on the airline’s new Airbus A350s, followed by the a tour of the world’s largest jet engine test cell, completed just earlier this year. The afternoon saw Brian put to work landing a Boeing 777-200 during a simulator session, followed by learning emergency evacuation door drills and trying out the motion escape trainer under the watchful tutelage of Flight Attendant Training Facilitator and Delta Flight Attendant Patres Hill.
Watch TPG take on all Delta accomplishes on a daily basis below:
Featured image by TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.