Booking Select Star Alliance Reward Travel Through United Currently Unavailable
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you had your eye on booking award travel using your MileagePlus miles on a Star Alliance member flight you might be out of luck.
There have been a number of reports circulating today that three Star Alliance members can’t currently be booked for award travel through United. The airlines in question include Singapore, Thai and TAP. This seems to be true if you try to book via United’s website or over the phone with customer service.
We reached out to United and received the following response: “Some partner award tickets are not being confirmed by select airlines’ reservations systems. In order to minimize the impact to customers, we’ve temporarily removed the ability to book on these specific carriers until this is fixed.”
While United is acknowledging there is an issue booking reward travel for these three airlines, there is no timeframe for when the issue might be resolved.
Award availability is open on other Star Alliance frequent flyer programs for the three airlines, so the issue seems to be limited to United. We will update this post with any additional information we receive about the current issue.
H/T: View from the Wing
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured Photo by United Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.