This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 7/10/18: The United food truck was long gone from Union Square at 2:30pm today, and we’re seeing reports in the comments that the team had run through their stock by 1:00pm. Be sure to visit early if you don’t want to walk away disappointed.
Planning to be in Manhattan or Brooklyn sometime in the next 10 days? You might be able to grab a free lunch — or snack, depending on the time of day.
Just as it did last summer, United’s running a food truck throughout New York City, offering a selection of samples around two of NYC’s five boroughs through July 20.
The truck will be serving a mix of treats from restaurants at Newark’s Terminal C, including:
- DAILY — grilled chicken sandwich and smoked chicken wings
- Mélange Bakery & Chocolaterie — plain glazed doughnuts and birthday cake macarons
- Little Purse Dumpling Den — pork and veggie potstickers
Unfortunately my EWR favorite, Classified (pictured up top), will not be making an appearance. You can catch the other samples at the following locations, though:
The food truck’s sponsored by the new United Explorer Card, but it doesn’t appear that you need to be a cardholder to take advantage.
The United Explorer card recently got some enhancements like 2 miles per dollar spent at restaurants and on hotel stays and a $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Fee credit. The $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
- Limited time offer! Earn up to 65,000 Bonus Miles.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $120 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases