United improving Kosher options on flights to/from Tel Aviv
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many airlines around the world offer customers an opportunity to pre-select special meals on certain flights, including vegetarian, gluten-free and Kosher options. It’s often a crapshoot as to what you’ll actually get, though. Frequent flyers may know what to expect on certain routes, but airlines rarely offer anything more than a vague description, often leading to disappointment, especially on a long-haul journey where there isn’t anything else to eat.
This week, United Airlines shared a commitment to improve its selection for a number of customers, at the very least. Beginning this month, travelers ordering Kosher meals on the airline’s flights between Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington, D.C. (IAD) and Tel Aviv (TLV) can expect a number of improvements. Passengers departing from Newark will get entirely new Fresko meals while Polaris pasengers on all three route will be offered Herzog Lineage wines.
As an example, on flights from Newark, “Options will include dishes such as fresh bagels, a cheese omelet, blintzes, chicken marsala, a kale quinoa burger and traditional bakery items like rugelach and black and white cookies,” according to United.
Polaris and Premium Plus flyers will also see new snack basket additions, and the airline will begin testing a hot Kosher a-la-carte meal at the Newark Polaris Lounge, in addition to packaged Kosher snacks at United Clubs at Newark and LaGuardia (LGA). The airline is also “testing” new children’s meals on flights from Newark to San Francisco, beginning in March, which could roll out to all Tel Aviv flights if they’re well-received.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.