United improving Kosher options on flights to/from Tel Aviv
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many airlines around the world offer customers an opportunity to pre-select special meals on certain flights, including vegetarian, gluten-free and Kosher options. It’s often a crapshoot as to what you’ll actually get, though. Frequent flyers may know what to expect on certain routes, but airlines rarely offer anything more than a vague description, often leading to disappointment, especially on a long-haul journey where there isn’t anything else to eat.
This week, United Airlines shared a commitment to improve its selection for a number of customers, at the very least. Beginning this month, travelers ordering Kosher meals on the airline’s flights between Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington, D.C. (IAD) and Tel Aviv (TLV) can expect a number of improvements. Passengers departing from Newark will get entirely new Fresko meals while Polaris pasengers on all three route will be offered Herzog Lineage wines.
As an example, on flights from Newark, “Options will include dishes such as fresh bagels, a cheese omelet, blintzes, chicken marsala, a kale quinoa burger and traditional bakery items like rugelach and black and white cookies,” according to United.
Polaris and Premium Plus flyers will also see new snack basket additions, and the airline will begin testing a hot Kosher a-la-carte meal at the Newark Polaris Lounge, in addition to packaged Kosher snacks at United Clubs at Newark and LaGuardia (LGA). The airline is also “testing” new children’s meals on flights from Newark to San Francisco, beginning in March, which could roll out to all Tel Aviv flights if they’re well-received.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees