United Airlines now requires health acknowledgement during check-in
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, United Airlines rolled out its “CleanPlus” program. It included a number of initiatives aimed at improving health and safety, developed in partnership with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic. Now, the carrier is expanding its efforts, requiring passengers to acknowledge that they’re healthy and willing to comply with airline policies during the check-in process.
All United passengers — including standby travelers — are now required to complete a health acknowledgement when they check in for their flight, similar to a policy currently in place with Frontier.
In order to be deemed safe to travel on a United aircraft, customers will need to acknowledge the following:
- You must wear a face covering while on board for the safety of everyone.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 21 days.
- You have assessed yourself for COVID-19-related symptoms, and have
experienced none of the following in the last 14 days:
- Known temperature of 38 C/100.4 F or higher
- Cough (excludes symptoms from a pre-existing condition)
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing (excludes symptoms
from a pre-existing condition)
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- You have not been denied boarding by another airline due to a medical screening for a communicable disease in the last 14 days.
- You have not had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements outlined above will be asked to reschedule their trip, which most travelers can currently do on their own, thanks to the airline’s no-change-fee policy.
United is also giving passengers the option to make free changes on flights that end up being more full than expected — passengers can move to a flight with more space if their original flight has checked in above 70% of full capacity.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees