United elites: It’s the last day to make your bonus selection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The airline’s latest promo, called “Pick Your Path,” lets current elites choose between up to 3,750 bonus Premier Qualifying Points, or PQPs, an “Easy PQP” deposit of up to 1,500 points or double miles with MileagePlus X, for up to 10,000 bonus miles in total.
You’ll need to finalize your selection right here by 11:59 p.m. Central Time tonight, May 13 — if you don’t make your pick by then, you’ll automatically be registered for the “Welcome-back bonus,” giving you an opportunity to earn the greatest number of PQPs, assuming you fly between now and July 27, 2021.
If you have plans to fly within that timeframe, the “Welcome-back bonus” is the option I’d pick. If a current Premier 1K member selects that offer and takes three trips by July 27, they’ll end up with 3,750 bonus PQPs, in addition to the 3,750 they received at the beginning of the year — halfway to the reduced 2021 requirement, without factoring in any PQPs earned from flying.
According to the head of United’s MileagePlus program, Luc Bondar, there are more promotions on the way — if you’re a current elite member, there’s a chance that requalifying in 2021 may not require much effort at all.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees