Uber ends service at LA area’s Ontario Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers departing from and arriving at Ontario International Airport (ONT) can no longer use the popular ridesharing service Uber. Effective September 13, Uber no longer operates at the Los Angeles area airport.
According to Uber, a new rideshare surcharge prompted the company to end the airport service. The rideshare surcharge rose from $3 to $4 per trip. The Desert Sun reports that fees imposed on ridesharing services were increased on July 1 of this year.
Fees, like the $4 Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) surcharge, are typically passed off to drivers and occasionally, rider fares. Uber claims that the $4 fee imposed on TNCs at Ontario Airport is the highest in the country.
Ontario International Airport Deputy Chief Executive Officer Atif Elkadi told the Desert Sun that the airport never “asked Uber to leave” and that the airport “would love to continue negotiations” with Uber.
In a blog post published on Thursday, the airport noted that there are still a number of alternative rideshare and ground transportation options for passengers. Passengers hoping to use a ridesharing service for travel to or from Ontario International Airport can still access services offered by Lyft. Additionally, passengers can utilize public transportation and other private car services at the airport.
Featured image by Ontario Airport via Twitter (@flyONT)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees