Tulsa Will Pay You $10,000 to Move There and Work Remotely
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, is looking for remote professionals to take up residency in the city — and it will even pay you to do so.
Tulsa Remote is a new program that hopes to attract driven and smart individuals to commit to working remotely in Tulsa for one year by offering $10,000 to accepted candidates. The money will help cover moving expenses and will serve as a monthly stipend. Participants will have access to the remaining funds after they’ve finished their first year in Oklahoma. The program will manage the $10,000 by allocating an initial $2,500 for relocation expenses, $500 as monthly stipend and a final payout of $1,500 at the end, CNBC reported.
Not only will Tulsa Remote help with your moving expenses, they’re offering participants rent in new, fully-furnished apartments in the Tulsa Arts District at a discounted price. They will also cover your utilities bill for the first three months. The average rent for a two-bedroom living space in Tulsa is around $658. That means a New Yorker paying for a two-bedroom who moved to Tulsa could save $3,430 in rent each month (the average two-bedroom apartment in New York is $4,088 per month). Tulsa Remote workers will also have access to a communal work space.
Ken Levit, an executive director at the George Kaiser Family Foundation, told CNBC that he hopes this program persuades young professionals to stay in Tulsa longer than a year to help shape the community by starting new businesses, launching non-profits or getting involved with local politics. The George Kaiser Family Foundation is a partner of the program and is an organization that works to provide children with equal opportunities and address community issues.
Tulsa Remote is now accepting applications and you can apply here. Eligible applicants must be able to move to Tulsa within six months, have a full-time remote job or are self-employed outside of Tulsa county, must be 18-years-old or older and are eligible to work in the United States.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.