The Points Guy UK Is Looking to Hire a Social Media Editor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For The Points Guy, 2019 means expansion. As your go-to source for all things points, miles, travel and more, The Points Guy brand is excited to bring the ultimate guide to maximising your travel to the United Kingdom.
In March 2019, TPG UK will take life — complete with a team of UK-based experts. And, with that launch, we’re looking to grow our team with more London-based members to work in close collaboration with the existing teams in New York. More specifically, TPG UK is looking to hire a social media editor.
First, here are some details about working at TPG and our parent company, Red Ventures:
You Should Apply to TPG UK If…
- If you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you’re excited to join a new local team, be part of something big from the beginning and enjoy tons of unreal travel perks
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
As Social Media Editor for The Points Guy UK you will:
- Optimise promotion (and re-promotion) of content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
LinkedIn, and Instagram, while working closely with New York social media and
- Be in the heart of the newsroom to effectively distribute around-the-clock news
coverage on various social platforms
- Work closely with editorial and social teams to package and execute on larger creative
campaigns, including events, product launches, limited-time offers, and larger social
- Use data-backed decisions to manage and implement social strategy testing,
engagement, and growth
- Pitch, write and edit social-friendly travel and aviation news content; familiarity with
points and miles to write guides a plus
- Experience with platforms such as SocialFlow, WordPress, Later, Iconosquare,
Parse.ly, Google Analytics, Photoshop a plus
- Understanding of the travel space, understanding of points and miles/aviation a plus
- 2-3+ years of social experience, specifically creating content, managing pages, and creating innovative social strategy
- Passion for travel and the TPG brand
- Witty, quick sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and always bring ideas to the table
- Deep love of and interest in all things social, with a creative mind for how to drive
engagement and foster community
- Proven understanding of the digital space and current social trends
- Publishing background preferred
This position will be based in the London offices of The Points Guy. This is not a supervisory position.
For further information and to apply, contact Christian Kramer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees