The Points Guy UK Is Looking to Hire a Social Media Editor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For The Points Guy, 2019 means expansion. As your go-to source for all things points, miles, travel and more, The Points Guy brand is excited to bring the ultimate guide to maximising your travel to the United Kingdom.
In March 2019, TPG UK will take life — complete with a team of UK-based experts. And, with that launch, we’re looking to grow our team with more London-based members to work in close collaboration with the existing teams in New York. More specifically, TPG UK is looking to hire a social media editor.
First, here are some details about working at TPG and our parent company, Red Ventures:
You Should Apply to TPG UK If…
- If you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you’re excited to join a new local team, be part of something big from the beginning and enjoy tons of unreal travel perks
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
As Social Media Editor for The Points Guy UK you will:
- Optimise promotion (and re-promotion) of content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
LinkedIn, and Instagram, while working closely with New York social media and
- Be in the heart of the newsroom to effectively distribute around-the-clock news
coverage on various social platforms
- Work closely with editorial and social teams to package and execute on larger creative
campaigns, including events, product launches, limited-time offers, and larger social
- Use data-backed decisions to manage and implement social strategy testing,
engagement, and growth
- Pitch, write and edit social-friendly travel and aviation news content; familiarity with
points and miles to write guides a plus
- Experience with platforms such as SocialFlow, WordPress, Later, Iconosquare,
Parse.ly, Google Analytics, Photoshop a plus
- Understanding of the travel space, understanding of points and miles/aviation a plus
- 2-3+ years of social experience, specifically creating content, managing pages, and creating innovative social strategy
- Passion for travel and the TPG brand
- Witty, quick sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and always bring ideas to the table
- Deep love of and interest in all things social, with a creative mind for how to drive
engagement and foster community
- Proven understanding of the digital space and current social trends
- Publishing background preferred
This position will be based in the London offices of The Points Guy. This is not a supervisory position.
For further information and to apply, contact Christian Kramer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.