Happy birthday! TPG UK’s first year in numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In April of 2019, a magical little switch in the digital world was flicked and thepointsguy.co.uk came to life. TPG UK kicked off with a bang with a four-day extravaganza in Covent Garden, and the pace has hardly let up since.
It has been quite a year for me and the team, growing The Points Guy U.K. into the biggest site of its kind in the country. And what better way to look back than to break down the numbers that spell out our successes from the first year.
- We have published a whopping 3,200 articles on the U.K. site.
- 4,200,000 unique people came to visit us over the past year.
- With all the page views adding up to a juicy 13,000,000.
- 70,000 subscribers get our newsletter curated by me in their inbox every day. You can sign up here.
- We published 21 exciting videos to our YouTube channel.
- These blew up and have been viewed 27,000,000 times!
- Our YouTube family grew as well, with 223,000 subscribers.
- And when you add all the watch time together, you watched our videos for a cumulative 354 years.
- We grew our team into a family of 8 travel experts: Christian, Nicky, Emily, Jean, Dan, Liam, Ben and Hayley.
- Since launch, we’ve flown on 266 flights with more than 40 airlines.
- We hit the road and met lots of our readers at 7 U.K. events.
- 77,000 people have followed us over on our social media channels.
Thank you for coming along for the ride over the past 12 months. Here’s to another year!
Featured image by Rory Dewar/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.