Happy birthday! TPG UK’s first year in numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In April of 2019, a magical little switch in the digital world was flicked and thepointsguy.co.uk came to life. TPG UK kicked off with a bang with a four-day extravaganza in Covent Garden, and the pace has hardly let up since.
It has been quite a year for me and the team, growing The Points Guy U.K. into the biggest site of its kind in the country. And what better way to look back than to break down the numbers that spell out our successes from the first year.
- We have published a whopping 3,200 articles on the U.K. site.
- 4,200,000 unique people came to visit us over the past year.
- With all the page views adding up to a juicy 13,000,000.
- 70,000 subscribers get our newsletter curated by me in their inbox every day. You can sign up here.
- We published 21 exciting videos to our YouTube channel.
- These blew up and have been viewed 27,000,000 times!
- Our YouTube family grew as well, with 223,000 subscribers.
- And when you add all the watch time together, you watched our videos for a cumulative 354 years.
- We grew our team into a family of 8 travel experts: Christian, Nicky, Emily, Jean, Dan, Liam, Ben and Hayley.
- Since launch, we’ve flown on 266 flights with more than 40 airlines.
- We hit the road and met lots of our readers at 7 U.K. events.
- 77,000 people have followed us over on our social media channels.
Thank you for coming along for the ride over the past 12 months. Here’s to another year!
Featured image by Rory Dewar/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees