TPG Tuesday Q&A with Benet features Tariro Mzezewa, New York Times travel writer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next guest on my monthly Facebook Live show in the TPG Women Facebook group on Tuesday, Jan. 12 is Tariro Mzezewa, a travel writer for The New York Times. If you have a bad case of wanderlust, you need to follow Mzezewa’s Instagram account.
Mzezewa writes, among other things, about the ways travel intersects with gender, race and the environment. She most recently wrote the article, “When the Pandemic Ends, Don’t Put Off Any More Adventures.”
People keep asking me what it’s like to be a travel writer who can’t travel right now. My answer is that daydreaming about travels past and future — living through old photos and virtual tours of faraway places — is what’s keeping me going.Tariro Mzezewa
Mzezewa has been on the travel team at the Times since 2018, and we’ll cover how she got into travel writing. TPG released its own list of the hottest travel destinations of 2021, so I’ll be chatting with Mzezewa about what she believes are the must-see places to visit this year.
So, please join us on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, at 12 p.m. EDT in the TPG Women Facebook group (members only) and bring your questions!
Featured photo by The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees