TPG Tuesday Q&A with Benet features Tariro Mzezewa, New York Times travel writer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next guest on my monthly Facebook Live show in the TPG Women Facebook group on Tuesday, Jan. 12 is Tariro Mzezewa, a travel writer for The New York Times. If you have a bad case of wanderlust, you need to follow Mzezewa’s Instagram account.
Mzezewa writes, among other things, about the ways travel intersects with gender, race and the environment. She most recently wrote the article, “When the Pandemic Ends, Don’t Put Off Any More Adventures.”
People keep asking me what it’s like to be a travel writer who can’t travel right now. My answer is that daydreaming about travels past and future — living through old photos and virtual tours of faraway places — is what’s keeping me going.Tariro Mzezewa
Mzezewa has been on the travel team at the Times since 2018, and we’ll cover how she got into travel writing. TPG released its own list of the hottest travel destinations of 2021, so I’ll be chatting with Mzezewa about what she believes are the must-see places to visit this year.
So, please join us on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, at 12 p.m. EDT in the TPG Women Facebook group (members only) and bring your questions!
Featured photo by The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.