Join TPG’s new community for small-business owners and leaders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Small-business owners and leaders face unique demands every day. As a self-employed small-business owner myself for the last two years prior to joining TPG, I had to shift my focus hourly from my subject matter — loyalty programs and travel — to worrying about things like taxes, health insurance and family life. And if you’re a small-business owner who doesn’t have the expertise in points and miles you wish you had, it’s hard to find the time and resources to master the craft, save yourself a lot of money and earn rewards.
To help educate and connect small-business owners with a passion for award travel, TPG is proud to launch The Points Guy Small Biz Facebook Group. The group is for entrepreneurs and/or business owners looking to:
- Learn how to turn monthly expenses into cash back, points or miles.
- Connect with more seasoned business people to learn about how to make sense of and strategize loyalty programs and returns.
- Have a place to ask questions unique to others like you, from spending strategy and employee travel to taxes and niche business-related finance topics.
- Know which next card you should get, which expenses to put on it and why.
Plus, we want to give small-business owners access to TPG’s networks with our hotel, airline and bank partners, so that you can tell these major players in the travel and banking industries what small businesses need to succeed — on the road or through credit cards and bank products.
A community of vetted small-business owners and leaders
We want to make sure that all members in The Points Guy Small Biz group are in fact small-business owners or leaders. So in order to join, you need to fill out three simple questions (they will auto-populate from Facebook when you ask to join the group.) They are:
- What is the name of your small business? We’ll let you know if we think it’s clever.
- What is your business website? We want to check it out.
- Are you a leader of your business? What’s your title?
Answer those three questions and that’s it, you’re in the club. What awaits is a weekly editorial calendar of posts designed to get you the info you need. It’ll allow you to ask routine questions, like what credit card you should get next, and educate you on topics and challenges unique to small-business owners, like controlling credit card authorized users and maximizing rewards on business cellphone expenses while getting free insurance for your phones.
All group members can also submit posts 24/7, 365 to the community, either asking for help or advice, or educating fellow group members. Down the road, we plan to host events specific to The Points Guy Small Biz community and have monthly Facebook live sessions with small-business experts who have walked in your shoes and know a thing or two about points and miles.
The group is moderated by me and three of my top Facebook moderators who have been on my team for more than two years. All of us have small-business experience, and we’ll be using the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Size Standards Tool to define if a company is a small business. Sole proprietorships and single person LLC’s also qualify — they just need to be legitimate businesses.
All of us at TPG are excited about the launch of a new community and hope you’ll become a part of a place designed to teach small-business owners and leaders how to maximize loyalty returns and travel better.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees