This Tiny Hotel Room Is Smaller Than a Prison Cell
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Stylish, compact capsule hotels are on the rise. But one hotel in London is making even airplane seats look downright palatial.
The UK-based product testing website London and, to the Internet’s delight,recently went undercover at the budget in
How much would you pay for a night in one of the UK’s tiniest hotel rooms? pic.twitter.com/RRCHaJhJPw
— Which? (@WhichUK) November 12, 2018
The room in question was marketed as a “Single Room” priced at £55.00 (about $71) during the high season and £30.00 ($39) during the low season. According to Which?, the bedroom measured just 32 square feet, making it smaller than an actual prison cell. For reference, thesays prison cells must be a minimum of 70 square feet, with 35 square feet reserved for open floor space.
Which? was quick to point out in their report that this bedroom (filled wall to wall with a narrow bed and a single window that opens into the stairwell), is even less spacious than a standard parking space. Including the bathroom, which brings the total square footage to 53 square feet, the entire room is only about the size of Singapore’s new 50-square-foot A380 first class suite.
Sure, you get what you pay for, and this hotel room — especially by London standards — is dirt cheap. And guests probably won’t want to spend too much time in the hotel anyway, as the Corbigoe Hotel is located just south of the Westminster neighborhood (home to Big Ben and Buckingham Palace). For serious budget travelers, having a $39 hotel room with an en suite bathroom in the heart of London may be hard to beat: even if you can probably wash your hands while sitting on the toilet.
Fortunately, the hotel does offer other rooms, which are notably larger. Plus, all room rates include complimentary breakfast, and guests receive a discounted parking rate (another valuable amenity when you’re close to downtown). That way, if you need to stretch out, you can always do so in a parking spot.
And whether you enjoy your stay or not, “I slept in a hotel room smaller than a prison cell” is quite the party conversation icebreaker.
Photo courtesy of the Corbigoe Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees