This Talking Gargoyle Is Embracing the Conspiracy Theories at Denver Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Denver International Airport (DEN) may be one of the most mysterious airports in the world. For years, it has been the subject of a number of elaborate conspiracy theories. While the wild rumors have circulated since the airport’s opening in 1995, DEN has recently embraced its notoriety — even devoting an entire page of its website to highlight them. In September, the airport poked fun at the theories with some satirical signage at a construction site in the terminal. But recently, a talking gargoyle has stepped in as spokesman.
The conspiracies originate in the walls, in the ground and even in outer space. Throughout the airport, there are plaques claiming the airport was funded by “The New World Airport Commission,” a group that airport officials admit has never existed. As a result, conspiracy theorists believe that the airport was built by a group within the mysterious new world order.
For these believers, the conspiracy reaches back to the 18th century and makes Denver International Airport the Illuminati headquarters. One of the new world order plaques has a Masonic square and a compass symbol which are symbols used by both the Freemasons and the Illuminati. Some believe there is an underground bunker at the airport to house all of the world’s elite in the event of the Apocalypse. Others are convinced there is evidence of aliens and still others believe that a colony of lizard people live below the airport.
The most bizarre conspiracy theory revolves around the haunted, 32-foot-tall horse sculpture, known to locals as “Blucifer.” The airport’s demonic gatekeeper with glowing red eyes is famous for killing its creator after a piece of the sculpture fell on the artist’s head.
Other eerie works of art, including multiple creepy gargoyle statues decorate the airport. In celebration of Denver International Airport’s 24th birthday, a new animatronic gargoyle has appeared, welcoming travelers to the “Illuminati headquarters.”
Watch this hilarious gargoyle interact with unsuspecting visitors at the airport’s main terminal.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees