Dubai Airport Opens a Lounge for Children Flying Solo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airline status or a premium credit card won’t get you into the new lounge at Dubai International (DXB). That’s because the airport’s new space is exclusively for kids traveling without their guardians, as the airport tries to make traveling as an unaccompanied minor a more pleasant experience.
The new space sports a kid-friendly design, with colorful decor, entertainment systems and games to keep young travelers entertained during connections at the Middle Eastern hub.
DXB’s new lounge is operated by Dubai-based airport service provider Dnata. Dnata already escorts unaccompanied minors at the two Dubai airports, and currently employs over 70 agents to escort young passengers to and from their gates at DXB. The company said that significantly more unaccompanied minors are flying through DXB now than even five years ago, and claims to have assisted over 8,000 children just last year.
Similar rooms for unaccompanied minors exist in airports all over the world. Lufthansa has one in both Munich and Frankfurt, and Emirates already operates a similar room at DXB. The new Dnata lounge stands out because it isn’t affiliated with a single airline, and is instead open to minors flying through the airport on over 120 carriers.
The new lounge is open 24 hours daily, and can be found in DXB’s terminal 1.
Featured photo courtesy of Dnata.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees